Better mark principle (math)? (1 Viewer)

Silly Sausage

HSC
I've been hearing people say that since they scored really in their first quiz for math, they don't have to study so much for the second quiz cause if they do worse in the second quiz it won't count (if they do better in the final)?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
That's correct.

But in general the chances of getting a higher mark in the final than your quizzes is relatively slim.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
That's correct.

But in general the chances of getting a higher mark in the final than your quizzes is relatively slim.
What?

A lot of people I know did better in the final for first year.

I literally better marked every single quiz, cos my final for ALL 5 first year maths subjects was better.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
What?

I literally better marked every single quiz, cos my final for ALL 5 first year maths subjects was better.
Did you get like 90+ for all your finals?

Because all my quizes so far have been 1-2 marks off full, and i think similarly with alot of other people in first year advanced math units.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
Did you get like 90+ for all your finals?

Because all my quizes so far have been 1-2 marks off full, and i think similarly with alot of other people in first year advanced math units.
Mostly yes. I got 9/10 in my MATH1901 quizzes but over 90 in the final. Similarly my MATH1902 quizzes were horrible (13/15 and 9/15 iirc) but still got a HD.

I also know people who lost marks in the assignments etc but got full marks in the final (and getting a final mark of like 98+).

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Well from my experience the quizzes and assignments were much easier than the finals in first year.

But I was in the Normal stream, so it might have been different for Advanced.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Well from my experience the quizzes and assignments were much easier than the finals in first year.

I've seen the normal assignments/quizes , and yes, the assignments and quizes are much easier than the advanced ones.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah no doubt. But the normal quizzes were definitely easier than the normal exams.

I find it interesting that it might be the other way round for advanced though. Perhaps they want to reward you for sticking with advanced for so long haha.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad

I agree with you, even for advanced the final is harder to score high marks in compared to the quizzes. Realise is just a genius at maths so one silly mistake that brings him down to a mark of 90% in the quiz is easily disregarded when the one silly mistake in the final brings him down to only 95% haha.

Although maybe I just really suck at maths exams, knowing my past results that's possible as well.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Better mark principle save me, i got rekt'd by the last math1901 quiz lol

Went full retard under pressure. Quizes are out of 12 now btw.

pHyRe

HSC
What?

way easier to do well on the quiz than the final in my experience too.

pcrul

HSC
Would you able to post that link again because I get an error whenever I click on it

pcrul

HSC
Amleops, would you able to post that link again because I get an error whenever I click on it

pcrul

HSC
I'm about to do my 1902 quiz. How did you go in your quiz? Was it hard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)