E12 Question (1 Viewer)

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
So I've just heard about the E12 scheme and I have a couple of things to ask:
(I go to one of the disadvantage schools)
Does anyone who apply get in?
I want to get into physiotherapy and it requires 85 atar for e12..is that my cutoff I get in?
How hard is to recieve E12 for Physiotherapy?

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Hey Rathin,

I am a 2015 recipient of the E12 Access Scheme for the 2016 intake of Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology). To answer some of your questions:

1. No, not everyone who applies for E12 gets an offer. The E12 program is one of USYD's ways to diversify the student population (as through E12, Sydney Uni is able to get some high achieving students from low socio-economic schools across NSW). There is a considerable amount of people who are interested with the perks that come along with E12, together with a conditional offer before HSC (which to be honest was quite a relief), an iPad, mentoring and an access card amongst most things. For Physio specifically, I had two friends apply for a spot. Both of them didn't make it in (despite good grades and a solid application).

2. If you are selected as one of the candidates that get a conditional offer before HSC... then yes, your cutoff will be 85.

3. Physio is very competitive (although E12 is competitive for any course you apply to... some more than others). Since you're just in Year 11, just do your best and work hard... especially since to get e12 you need your principal to recommend you. Make sure you have a positive reputation with your teachers so that they can also put in a good word for you (as the Principal may ask staff for some info about you). The online application also is integral to your acceptance. It will get you to the next stage of the application process... (I think physio has an interview). :)

Best of luck. If you need help writing your application when you're in year 12, shoot me a message :)

engineering

HSC
N/A
I am guessing you are in year 12 this year (2016)?

You apply around August.
You either have to go to a school in a certified low ses area, or be the recipient of certain Centrelink benefits to be elgible
Your school principal must support you

If you are "successful" you get a conditional offer before the HSC exams, which says "if your atar is greater than XXXX, we guarantee you a place"

See http://sydney.edu.au/future-students/domestic/undergraduate/e12/

L_Chan

HSC
How does the E12 application work? like do they need your reasons for apply? report? leadership?

Orwell

HSC
Reasons for application: Help pls.

_pikachu

HSC
E12 is open now!!! (No idea when they close)
https://e12.sydney.edu.au/users/sign_in

Who can apply:
- If you attend a school in here: http://www.uac.edu.au/documents/eas/S01E.pdf
or
- If you can prove you have a financial disability that has impacted your studies in yr 12 (prove to UAC, not usyd)

What to do:
- Get a principal's recommendation
- Follow the instructions

They'll tell you if you get the offer before you HSC exams (I think)

Reason to apply:
- Money for support and transition to tertiary education
- Invaluable mentoring experience
- Meet likeminded individuals with similar interests
- Opportunity to attend The University of Sydney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)