Access Card (1 Viewer)

sida1049

HSC
Where do the profits which go into selling USYD Access Cards go to? Funding the societies? That would explain why a lot of them require you to have an Access Card.

Just curious.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
The more access cards societies have, the more money they get. That's why they require it.

sida1049

HSC
The more access cards societies have, the more money they get. That's why they require it.
Yeah, it's a nice system of allocating funding.

At the moment I might only really get involved with Mathematics Society (yay for free pizzas and drinks, since they seem quite active.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Yeah, it's a nice system of allocating funding.

At the moment I might only really get involved with Mathematics Society (yay for free pizzas and drinks, since they seem quite active.
Yay we can be SUMS buddies lol

I've heard from a few people that it's worth joining SUMS if you're into maths

sida1049

HSC
Yay we can be SUMS buddies lol

I've heard from a few people that it's worth joining SUMS if you're into maths
Yeah man, definitely. I've already agreed with friends to join the sessions every Thursday hahah. Go for the food, stay for the maths.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Get one if you need to join a society that requires it (not all of them do, but I forget whether SUMS is one of them). Otherwise don't bother.

Once you've been at uni long enough you'll understand just how annoying groups like the Union and SRC are. :lol:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Get one if you need to join a society that requires it (not all of them do, but I forget whether SUMS is one of them). Otherwise don't bother.

Once you've been at uni long enough you'll understand just how annoying groups like the Union and SRC are. :lol:
I've been at uni forever and still love the Union!

Realised last week that with my keep cup and access discount, a large coffee is only $2.40 :D

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Perhaps I'm being overly cynical. To be fair I never really felt like the discounts helped me too much haha.

Where do you get your coffee from? Last year I was using my Access card to get coffee from Laneway, but I stopped this year once I found out Pride of Redfern did it much cheaper.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Perhaps I'm being overly cynical. To be fair I never really felt like the discounts helped me too much haha.

Where do you get your coffee from? Last year I was using my Access card to get coffee from Laneway, but I stopped this year once I found out Pride of Redfern did it much cheaper.
I tend to rotate between Laneway/Azzuris/Parma because they're all so close to work. Sometimes I'll grab one in Glebe on my way to work but it's nice to go with everyone else around 10 as a way to break up the morning :)

Perpetually disappointed downstairs azzuris closed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)