USYD Chatter Thread 2016 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The summer is over, classes are starting to reconvene with freshers abound, so it's about time we got this chatter thread started up again. Welcome back to our current students and those who will be commencing their studies at USYD for the first time.

Just a word of warning:

This thread serves as a general discussion thread for USYD students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Re: USYD Chatter Thread - Semester 1 2016

So, I have two triple clashes this semester. One of the conflicting classes is a third year maths lecture, so I went to that one yesterday because I thought that would be the only one that wouldn't be recorded. Turned out to be the opposite. The maths lecture was recorded (contrary to pretty much every non-first year maths subject I've done so far), and my other two classes were apparently supposed to be recorded, but weren't.

Not the best start haha.

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A

How do you deal with triple clashes??? I changed my senior science units because both clashed perfectly with all of my (compulsory and immoveable) nursing subjects. I just couldn't be f*cked to try and figure my way out of it, so I just gave up and switched my anat focus from gross to micro. :|

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Well the recordings have been sorted out now, so I should be OK to attend one and be pretty certain that the other two will be recorded.

But yeah, fortunately for me none of my classes are compulsory like yours, otherwise I'd be in a bit of strife haha.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC

Anyone know what to do if you can't log in to your student email on MS Outlook? It works the long way where I log into MyUni > Email but when I try to set it up on Outlook, it doesn't accept the password.

zxreth

HSC

Anyone know what to do if you can't log in to your student email on MS Outlook? It works the long way where I log into MyUni > Email but when I try to set it up on Outlook, it doesn't accept the password.
Contact IT i'd assume?

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A

Test

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

Hey crew hi, how are we doing, how is everyone spending the mid-sem break??

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

Catching up on uni work and trying to get ahead a little bit in some of my units. Haven't been super productive so far tho lmao
You?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC

Pretty much catching up on the backlog of uni work left behind post-GAMSAT. Fun haha.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

Catching up on uni work and trying to get ahead a little bit in some of my units. Haven't been super productive so far tho lmao
You?
Got my thesis due in 6 weeks and I'd be freaking out but I have good marks and a fulltime job I like already so... meyh?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A

Hahaha, ‘mid-sem’. So early! I've done solid groundwork and drafts for two essays, eaten my weight in chocolate, thrown out or donated a lot of clothes and books in preparation for moving closer to uni (within walking distance SO GREAT), and accidentally deleted my entire music collection (fortunately backed up elsewhere except for newest things) AND IT'S ONLY TUESDAY.

So, yeah, pretty good.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC

Hahaha, ‘mid-sem’. So early! I've done solid groundwork and drafts for two essays, eaten my weight in chocolate, thrown out or donated a lot of clothes and books in preparation for moving closer to uni (within walking distance SO GREAT), and accidentally deleted my entire music collection (fortunately backed up elsewhere except for newest things) AND IT'S ONLY TUESDAY.

So, yeah, pretty good.
I AM SO IMPRESSED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. Hopefully you get a bit of a break in there somewhere?

Where abouts are you moving to? #innerwestisbest

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

So, yeah, pretty good.
Far out that'd be good. Meanwhile I have to deal ~3.5 hrs of commuting every day :cry:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A

I AM SO IMPRESSED IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY. Hopefully you get a bit of a break in there somewhere?

Where abouts are you moving to? #innerwestisbest
I'm having a bit of a break Thursday/Friday, no worries. :) Moving to Annandale! It's ~7 minutes to the nursing campus (where I spend most of my time), and ~25 to the upper main campus (or, a quick bus trip up Parra).

Far out that'd be good. Meanwhile I have to deal ~3.5 hrs of commuting every day :cry:
Yeah. Including all the time to/from campus (walking, train) my daily trip was just under 3 hours. I'm looking forward to the move!

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC

Can someone (probs someone who's done adv science/maths) enlighten me, what approximate percentage of lectures from 2nd yr onwards are actually recorded and put online (for maths and science units)? I've heard several times from 2nd and 3rd year students that half their lecturers can't be bothered to record their lectures; is this a common thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)