Transferring from UNSW to Usyd with ATAR (1 Viewer)

Amayataiyou

HSC
I'm currently studying at UNSW, but want to transfer to Usyd for a different degree. I was wondering how long an ATAR is able to be used as the selection criteria for this transfer. I know when transferring to UNSW, you can use your ATAR for up to 5 years after you get it. I was just wondering if that is also the case of USyd, as my WAM is pretty horrible. Thanks!!

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
you can use it up until 1year after university iirc, after that they look at WAM/GPA

engineering

HSC
N/A
http://sydney.edu.au/study/admissio...ents/undergraduate-academic-requirements.html

Applying with tertiary studies
To be eligible for admission into an undergraduate degree on the basis of tertiary studies, you need to have completed at least one year of full-time study (or the part-time equivalent) at a bachelor’s degree level or higher.

If you have not completed a full year, you will be assessed on your secondary results.

If you're applying for a course with additional selection criteria, such as an interview, audition or portfolio, these factors will also be taken into account.

The success of your application will be determined by the best result in a tertiary or secondary qualification, regardless of the order in which you completed them. This means that if your ATAR or other secondary result is higher than your tertiary result, your application will be considered on the ATAR/secondary result only.

kiironeko

HSC
Hey OP!

I'm in a similar situation with you. 2nd Year UNSW Student, but I want to transfer into Bachelor of Design Computing (ATAR cutoff: 80.15) to study Interaction Design.
I have an ATAR of 92, but my WAM is also pretty bad.

http://sydney.edu.au/study/admissio...ents/undergraduate-academic-requirements.html

The success of your application will be determined by the best result in a tertiary or secondary qualification, regardless of the order in which you completed them. This means that if your ATAR or other secondary result is higher than your tertiary result, your application will be considered on the ATAR/secondary result only.
Does this mean even after 1 full year of tertiary study, they will still only consider the best between your ATAR & WAM?
Rather than a combination (e.g. ATAR+GPA: 50/50)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)