Questions regarding enrolling the courses (as a new international student) (1 Viewer)

blurryface93

HSC
Since university staffs are on holidays, I'm posting here with hope of getting answers.

I am transferring to Usyd next year from University of Cape Town but I'm having a quite few troubles for enrolling courses.

Not all my courses, previously done back in South Africa, were credited so I cannot really follow the standard course plan provided by Usyd.

So my questions are :

1) (for current students) when do you normally complete enrolling courses ? Do you enroll at the beginning of the academic year ??
ie) in Jan or Feb

2) I can only do 3 or 4 courses in a semester due to my incomplete pre-requisite courses, the lack of credit points prohibits me from continuing with my online-enrolling process. Is there a way to detour this problem and complete enrolling process?

I would really appreciate some answers

sida1049

HSC
1. You can enrol into courses pretty much any time prior to the start of the semester (i.e. from now up until early March). I enrolled on the afternoon I got my semesterly results (earlier this month), but that's only because I can. HSC graduates can begin enrolling around mid-January. I'm sure you have plenty of time. The USYD inquiry offices will be back by early January, so you can contact them about it later if you need to.

2. If you're having trouble with enrolling, I suggest to wait until the inquiry offices are open early next year to contact them. If there's a unit you're having trouble enrolling into, you can try enrol into an alternative unit for now to complete enrolment, then apply for special permission after enrolment to replace the unit you have enrolled into with the unit you would like to enrol into.

engineering

HSC
N/A
You can select your units of study any time between now and start of class in beginning of March. However it is much better to have it done by about 1 Feb to maximise your timetable flexibility (timetable release just after that).

As an international student, the system will force you to enrol in 24 credit points (usually that is 4 x 6 credit point units) because that is your legal obligation on an international student visa. If for some reason like prerequisite issues you can't do all the units you want, then pick the 3 you want, then some random unit you don't want to make the system allow your enrolment. Then do a proces called "reduced load for international students" to drop the unwanted subject and state clearly in the application why you can't do 24 credit points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)