Usyd student card and ACCESS card (1 Viewer)

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
So did anyone got their student card or notification to collect their student card yet? I've uploaded my photo sometime last week but haven't heard back from them yet.

Also, I've registered a 1 years subscription with ACCESS online. My understanding is that they don't hand out physical ACCESS cards anymore, you just your smartphone instead? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks! :)

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
So did anyone got their student card or notification to collect their student card yet? I've uploaded my photo sometime last week but haven't heard back from them yet.

Also, I've registered a 1 years subscription with ACCESS online. My understanding is that they don't hand out physical ACCESS cards anymore, you just your smartphone instead? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks! :)
I submitted photo early-mid January and got my card this past Friday.

As I understand it USU is tightening up to make sure as many students as possible get on the smartphone ACCESS card this year.

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
I submitted photo early-mid January and got my card this past Friday.

As I understand it USU is tightening up to make sure as many students as possible get on the smartphone ACCESS card this year.
Ah okay. Hmm, I'd rather have an actual card over the smartphone app... I don't know... just seems more cooler to have lol.

sida1049

HSC
Unless if they've changed protocol, after your student ID photo gets accepted, they send you an email informing you of that. Last year I collected my student ID card during orientation week, so it's probably the same for you.

Really? I really hope they don't phase out the Access card. I bought and collected my Access Card last year during orientation week (they took my photo and printed it onto the card on the spot). According to the website, they say that you can still get a plastic card, though they didn't really explicitly explain how. Try visiting the Manning House during O-Week; that's where they give out plastic cards (I remember that last year, there was a line for those who have already ordered the cards online, and another for those wanting to purchase the cards on the spot).

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Ah okay. Hmm, I'd rather have an actual card over the smartphone app... I don't know... just seems more cooler to have lol.
Yeah I'm with you. Plus there's the whole question of the technology and mess-ups etc. Feels a lot more safe in a lot of ways to print a damn card.

Unless if they've changed protocol, after your student ID photo gets accepted, they send you an email informing you of that. Last year I collected my student ID card during orientation week, so it's probably the same for you.

Really? I really hope they don't phase out the Access card. I bought and collected my Access Card last year during orientation week (they took my photo and printed it onto the card on the spot). According to the website, they say that you can still get a plastic card, though they didn't really explicitly explain how. Try visiting the Manning House during O-Week; that's where they give out plastic cards (I remember that last year, there was a line for those who have already ordered the cards online, and another for those wanting to purchase the cards on the spot).

Yes you definitely get an email with dates when you can pick up your student card after the photo is approved.

Someone else on BOS was explaining that they are going to check that you don't have a smartphone before you can request a printed ACCESS card (how I don't know), but I have no idea as to the veracity of that claim.

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A

So from what I heard from other people was that they only give the plastic card to those who don't own a smartphone - makes sense. But sill, I'd rather have that over the smartphone as it's easier to show to the person than having to search for the USU app and opening it lol...

Plus the USU app isn't that top notch, I've tried it and it crashes now and then.

sida1049

HSC
That is ridiculous! Just get your friend to hold your smartphone on the day and say "I swear I don't have a Smart Phone".

If they really went all out and ask "why the hell does it say you've downloaded the app then?", respond with "lol that was on my mum's phone".

Yeah, I can't stand the app too. On opening (for me at least), it automatically adjusts brightness to the maximum, and when you exit, it brings it down to the absolute minimum with auto-adjust off. Can't stand it.

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
That is ridiculous! Just get your friend to hold your smartphone on the day and say "I swear I don't have a Smart Phone".

If they really went all out and ask "why the hell does it say you've downloaded the app then?", respond with "lol that was on my mum's phone".
Haha will do! :)

Last edited:

sea-r-du

HSC
N/A
Update: Student card photo approved. So I've submitted on the 24/01/17, and will pick up on 20th, 21st, 22nd, or 23rd of February, so 3 weeks from now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)