Skipping math lectures? (1 Viewer)

qwert73

HSC
I enrolled in math1901, but the lecture time is 8-9am on a friday and is the only thing I have on that day. Are these lectures recorded and do I have to attend?

sida1049

HSC
The lectures are recorded, and the lecturer uploads their handwritten notes (made during the lecture) fairly quickly after every lecture. On top of that, the course notes can be purchased from Kopystop. So as long as you keep up, you should be able to still do fine without going to lectures.

That said, I didn't regret waking up at 6am every Thursday and Friday to attend those 8am MATH1901 and MATH1903 lectures for an entire year. Plus, according to rumours, this year's MATH1901 lecturer should make those early mornings worth it.

seanieg89

HSC
Am glad they are recorded these days. They were not when I did my undergrad, and 8 was just too early for me with my travel time to uni. Ended up going to verrrrrry few.

sida1049

HSC
How likely are they to notice if a student who doesn't belong there sits in???
Last year, a group of first-year maths students tagged along to one of Dr Daner's second-year advanced maths lectures. He welcomed them.

miss_a

HSC
N/A
LOL the number of people attending that 8am lecture will fall dramatically each week. Attending the lectures does force you go through the content on time, because otherwise you'll have to trust your future self to be diligent and NOT wait to quizzes to go through the lectures. Cause that happens.... :')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)