How much credit will USYD give to a diploma at UTS? (1 Viewer)

chenming0142

HSC
I am currently having a Diploma of Business (Accelerated) at UTS:INSEARCH and considering to transfer to USYD's Bachelor of Commerce. I heard that the required total GPA is 75%, I got the prize (6.8 out of 7) for my first semester and I am working hard this semester too. I believe the GPA requirement is no problem for me.
I have already received an unconditional offer from USYD, using IELTS and Gaokao (something like HSC in China), but I could not know how much credit will be given to me until I enrol, then I must pay the fee first (which is risky). I've done several online enquiries but the faculty said I will not be guaranteed the credit. I plan to go to the student centre at UYSD to see if they could help me.
Does anybody know how much is the Diploma recognised at USYD? Am I able to enter the second year directly? This is a really important factor for me to decide whether to transfer to USYD or stay at UTS.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Do any of the units you did at UTS closely match the unit content and depth of usyd units? Look at unit outlines of core units of the BCom and compare to what you did at UTS.

chenming0142

HSC
Do any of the units you did at UTS closely match the unit content and depth of usyd units? Look at unit outlines of core units of the BCom and compare to what you did at UTS.
Thank you!!! I will have learnt 8 subjects(Communication (mainly teaching academic writing skills), Accounting I& II, Economics, finance, statistics, marketing and management) I guess there are some overlapping but USYD students don't have all these units in their first year right (I will major in ACCT)? Is it true that students major in ACCT in UYSD don't need to learn MKT, MGT, etc? For example. what if I get credit for 5 units at the first year? Is it that I will have 2.5 year full time but only need to have 3 subjects for the 1st semester?

The only thing I want to do is to get the exact outcome of how much credit will be given to me and the total duration before I pay the tuition fee so that I can make a decision whether to trandsfer to USYD or not. If I enrol first without knowing anything, that's too risky for me.

Do you think I will get any help about that if I come to the student centre and ask them questions? Many agents said as long as you get 75% GPA for diploma you can enter a USYD Bachelor 2rd year but I think they are not right. I am really confused by the online enquiry and I get no response from my email to the business school. So sad :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)