transferring (1 Viewer)

zeee1999

HSC
how hard is it to transfer from a bachelor of arts at usyd into law ??

danpowell

HSC
It is very hard to go from arts into law. You are much better doing law at MQU or UNSW. Although if you are deadset on law at usyd I would transfer from law at mqu or unsw into usyd as many people that transfer from these unis get into usyd with 70-75wams.

sida1049

HSC
Actually, I think transferring from Arts to Law isn't a big deal. It's the same transferring from any other degree internally into Law. I believe you only need high 70s wam to be considered competitive to transfer into Law, and if you can secure yourself HD (85+), you can be pretty confident in getting in.

If you prefer USYD Law over any other university, I would recommend internally transferring into Law rather than transferring externally.

engineering

HSC
N/A
and if you can secure yourself HD (85+), you can be pretty confident in getting in.
The standard ATAR for usyd law is 99.5. Is the top 0.5% of HSC students.

Students can get in if they have a high wam, usually about 80-85, in a different first year course. However uni marks are not school marks. Typically only about 5 % of students at uni get a wam that high in first year

sida1049

HSC
The standard ATAR for usyd law is 99.5. Is the top 0.5% of HSC students.

Students can get in if they have a high wam, usually about 80-85, in a different first year course. However uni marks are not school marks. Typically only about 5 % of students at uni get a wam that high in first year
It's probably true that only about 5% of students have HD wams, but if you take into account that a student frequents BoS, has high standards, plans on getting into law, et cetera, the probability of that student getting a high enough wam in Arts (and presuming that they study something they're interesting in) to transfer into law is much higher than 5%.

And plus, I'm only comparing to external transfers from law at other unis, which requires one to 1. get into law there, 2. do well consistently well enough to transfer into USYD law, and 3. stay on top of all the additional bureaucracy. Not everyone can get into it, but if a student wants to get into law at USYD, my personal recommendation is to internally transfer from within USYD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)