Transferring to Commerce/Arts (1 Viewer)

ilovehedgedogs

HSC
So the atar for Commerce/Arts is unrealistic for me to reach however, is it possible to transfer from either Arts or International and Global Studies (USYD) to Commerce/Arts if I do well in my assessments and enough credit points?

If not, what other ways can I somehow get into Commerce/Arts with an atar between 80-90?!?

Last edited:

sida1049

HSC
So the atar for Commerce/Arts is unrealistic for me to reach however, is it possible to transfer from either Arts or International and Global Studies (USYD) to Commerce/Arts if I do well in my assessments and enough credit points?
Yes, that's a good way to get into Commerce. You can transfer after 48 credit points, I believe, as long as you keep your wam (weighted-average mark) relatively high (I'm not too sure, but 65-70+ would probably suffice).

ilovehedgedogs

HSC
Oooh ok! So I can still transfer even if its not in the same department - like from Arts and Social Sciences to Business?

And how likely is it that I'll actually be allowed to transfer even with a high wam and enough points?

sida1049

HSC
How far behind do you think I'll be if I do transfer asap?
In uni, there isn't really a concept of "being behind". This is because everyone customises their degree differently to their own needs.

For example, there are plenty of people with B. Commerce/B. Arts. However, some of them may choose to complete their Art units first, then move or to Commerce, or do their Commerce units first and then move onto Arts, or tackle their Arts and Commerce units simultaneously. Furthermore, you won't really find an Arts and Commerce cohort; you'll be with Arts and Commerce cohorts separately.

So in that sense, you won't be behind at all! If you are going for B. Comm/B Arts, then doing a year (or even two) of Arts then transferring into the combined degree will allow you to graduate in 5 years, which is the exactly same length of time if you had entered uni with the combined degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)