Need help picking course - Future Leaders Scheme (1 Viewer)

henlo

HSC
So, I got an ATAR of 79.05 and I wanted to get into med science but since that isn't obviously happening I needed another plan.

I'm going through the Future Leaders Scheme into Sydney but I don't know exactly how the 'quota' and 'non-quota' business works. I want to do either a B Science/B Advanced Studies or a B Science/B Advanced Studies (Medical Science)

B Science/B Advanced Studies was one of the courses in the list they emailed to me, but they also said that all courses are available so I'm wondering how that works? Will I be offered a place in B Science/B Advanced Studies (Medical Science) even though I was nowhere near the ATAR cutoff through the Future Leaders Scheme? Or should I just leave B Science/B Advanced Studies as my #1 preference?

I plan to do a Master's degree afterwards to get into medical research in the field of biotech when I graduate, but I also don't want to be stuck with medical science in case I don't end up enjoying it...

Please help! Need to lock in preferences by tonight!

sida1049

HSC
I'm going to suggest to you to simply go for B. Science/B. Adv Studies. This is because B. Sci/B. Adv Studies (Med Sci) is exactly the same thing as B. Sci/B. Adv Studies, if you decide to major in medical science.

In addition, B. Sci/B. Adv Studies is much more flexible since you aren't locked into having to do medical science. And it is a perfectly valid way to get into postgraduate study in medical science, if you stick with the medical science route.

So don't sweat it.

Good luck!

henlo

HSC
Awesome, thank you very much for the advice! Just in time, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)