Why are there so many fob asians at Usyd? (1 Viewer)

gizdonk2

HSC
Especially in the business school, there are so many asians that it often feels like China. I have absolutely no problem with ethnically Asian Australians, but internationals seem to just hang in massive groups and speak foreign languages. I’ve had a terrible experience in a group assignment with all internationals where they were doing it in Mandarin and using Google translate to English. Just go to the library and you will see it.

I just don’t understand why you would come to Australia, only talk to people from your country, in your language, eat your food, wear the same clothes, etc. Just walking behind these effeminate and weirdly dressed fellas who I have to compete with in an already tough job market makes me not like them. I just feel there are too many.

It’s kinda ruining the university experience because I wanna be in a class with people of an Australian culture who I can joke around and banter with over hyper competitive internationals who all collude together to score highly.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
But in general the unis are raking in cash so they don't care who comes as long as they pay up

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Money buys education LOL

Besides the factor that they don't necessarily participate in our culture (as displayed by closed off groups and cultural/language barriers)

They're not really different. Not all of them are like that, and some do really try hard to put in the effort and get marks.

And no, they don't take our jobs because we get first priority as domestic applicants

Maybe try talk to them, a lot of them do get judged harshly.
https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...ing-208kmh-bondi-junction-lamborghini-huracan

Kolmias

HSC
And no, they don't take our jobs because we get first priority as domestic applicants
Most of them aren't even eligible for permanent residency so no legitimate employers often want to employ them. Even then, hiring someone is a cultural thing and they're always going to be disadvantaged in a competitive graduate employment market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)