clubs and societies (1 Viewer)

kini mini

HSC
I think you should all try something completely different and join the USyd fencing club, take a few lessons and realise the immense pleasure to be had from hitting someone else with a sword :D.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
yeah I'm doing all advanced units as well (maths.physics and chem, prob see you in some of the lectures blackjack).

I'm going to join the cricket club and maybe the tennis one, depends on how much time I have.

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kini mini
I think you should all try something completely different and join the USyd fencing club, take a few lessons and realise the immense pleasure to be had from hitting someone else with a sword :D.
I'll second that:D

timmii

sporadic attendee
hmmm, amongst others: the classics society, FMIA, suls, economics and business society, dance society, film society and maybe the union and basketball. Yay uni! :D (see status)

phunky

Originally posted by timmii
hmmm, amongst others: the classics society, FMIA, suls, economics and business society, dance society, film society and maybe the union and basketball. Yay uni! :D (see status)
hey hey! ur thinking of film and dance as well! maybe i'll c u there! :)

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Agsoc, probably soccer club, the revue one, and probably all of the other ones that arent made for minority groups like the catholic indonesian black eyed club for disadvantaged law/engineering students.
I used to be part of the majority!!!!! ahhh!!!
(ps - please dont think i am a racist or anything, I was just amazed at the amount of clubs I couldn't join!)

phunky

Originally posted by Mambomeg

(ps - please dont think i am a racist or anything, I was just amazed at the amount of clubs I couldn't join!)
actually u kno what , i thought that too, and that also applies to the amount of religoius clubs... i mean what if i'm an atheist? i was expecting there to b more clubs that are related to interests. it said that there are about 150 clubs but i don't think there were on the list that i saw on the union site... so perhaps there are somemore smaller clubs they didn't mention? i hope so!

timmii

sporadic attendee
They always use the chocolate club as an example of "diversity", but it wasn't listed on the site. Also the site showed clubs from 2002 - some may have been created throughout the year. There probably are more interest-based groups...though i already have "joined" about 10 - so perhaps it is best that the list doesn't expand too much.

Hope to see you all round :D

izi

HSC
if you join heaps of clubs and societies and you find you dont have time for all that fun, can you just "drop out"?

Generator

HSC
N/A
You could just stop turning up I guess, but I have a feeling that they'd like a proper explanation... if it's an active society.
The only thing that is holding you there is the joining fee.

Last edited:

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Originally posted by Pretz
where can i find out about all the clubs/societies?
On the website, just search for the beige pages. But it doesnt list all of them. Or you can pick up a booklet from the Uni, maybe they have an updated one? I dont know.
Or just wait unitl O-week, and go to the stalls

phunky

Originally posted by Pretz
where can i find out about all the clubs/societies?
the uni sent me a sd rom, which has heaps of infomation and all the urls to sites like the listing of clubs and socs. everyone should have it by now shoudln't they?

Pretz

oh yeah i got that. didn't really have a close look at it though. now it's buried somewhere in my room. oh well. guess i'll just go have a look at the website.

could you please post the url for the page that has info about all that kind of stuff. the website has me lost. i mean it's me that has myself lost, but the site is pretty huge.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)