fuckthelitigantassignment (1 Viewer)

doinglawinsyd

im doing law
does anybody wonder when our first year law camp is?
and also, is the atmosphere in unsw way better than usyd or viceversa?
law should be cool with all those acticities planeed like law balls and stuff.=P
so it ain't about the study

ps. has anybody started the assignment or gone to court or have any ideas to share(this ain't cheating)?

timmii

sporadic attendee
Kini said it was march 15 or something like that at Milson Island :D Can't wait! And all the activities look awesome! I want to get involved in their inter-faculty sport too, so that looks good as well :D

Atmosphere is what you make of it...judging from the people I met and the institutions themselves, it would be fun to study law at either! :)

I've been working full time, so i haven't had a chance to get to court, and hence have been unable to commence the aforementioned assingment. I am definitely going to court with on monday though, and i have an entourage of between 2-4 accompanying me...anyone else interested in joining us? :p ;)

Anyone actually started the assignment ( I *hate* you!
:mad: )

doinglawinsyd

so where did they hear abt tha camp?
15th march at miton island?

whetre can i find information about it online?

damn got any ideas for the assignment ?

i dont understand what to do
it says you need to chuck in your own observations etc.
thats a bit hard
hey timmi u rkn u could post ur notes and summaries on this thread once u go to court on monday?
i promise to do likewise.
;)

doinglawinsyd

hiphiphoorayyyyylawcampihope!

btw timmi and all other doingfuckingassignmentlawinsydney -ers

hey do ypu aGREE with my observation that the informatin that they gave us with the assignment is like waffle ie pages and pages of just one main point?

if theres a law camp im going for sure :D :D :D :D

Porphyria_J

I would be interested to know what everyones definition of 'accessibility' is...

I am having difficulty getting my head around that

I read somewhere that it involves legal aid, the cost of legal services and the attainability of information.....

Then i read somewhere about time cost and knowledge

Anyone like to broaden those ideas or post their definition of accessibility?!

Ive been to court and well...i find the assignment hard because i dont understand what the hell is going on and the terminlogy used...i know that is the point of the assignment, but if we dont know the protocol and procedures of the legal system, its bloody stupid of us to go to court because we would not be able to recognise the parts that the litigant in person is having difficulty with except for the obvious one like manner in court...Get what i mean?

Its like the judge today corrected the litigant in person on something he said...but i sat there and didnt know the point to it and just sat there and didnt write anything down because i didnt know WHAT to write down....

I know im long winded...but im SUCH in a whiney mood today. Maybe its PMS hehehee

Last edited:

timmii

sporadic attendee
2 steps ahead of me...havent tried to define accessibility yet! Or even read beyond "6-8hrs in court" hmmmm perhaps i should! :confused: I'm soooo scared i'm gonna stuff this up. My friend has done *heaps* visiting legal aid and court every week etc :eek:

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Do you think our lecturer would allow us time to go to court once uni begins? (considering that the assignment instructions stated that you "could" go to court during feb. but that it wasn't essential).

Personally, I'm having the same problems as Porphyria_J in that I don't know WHAT to write during court sessions, so basically I've just noted down the transcripts and am hoping to study them later. :rolleyes:

timmii

sporadic attendee
I'm sooo clueless about it all! :confused: :eek: :(

I'm not sure what you meant about the lecturer "allowing" you to go...its really up to you. I finish at 2 on monday and am hoping to get some court viewing in afterwards. If i figure out who u r by then, you are of course more than welcome to come along...?

Mordenkainen

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by timmii
I finish at 2 on monday and am hoping to get some court viewing in afterwards.
You're planning that far ahead already? Yikes, so organised. :p

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by Mordenkainen

You're planning that far ahead already? Yikes, so organised. :p
If I was organised, this "planning" wouldn't be required ;) :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)