"Nerds" At USYD/UNSW? (1 Viewer)

fat.

Hi, I don't intentionally mean to Offend anyone:
But I'm in a bit of a dilemma choosing wat uni to go to..
I've heard that there are SO MANY "nerds" who go to Syd, thus seriously Putting me off the idea of going to Syd- is this true??
I'm not worrieD about wat uni i attend OR Its reputation, but would rather go to a uni in which the students have some social life, as opposed to going to a uni like sydney where students do nothing but STUDY, study... and more study.
Is this a false misconception for syd students? help.
Fat.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i think this is a fat misconception. but im sure there are the types you mention though

table for 1

dreaming... sigh...
HSC
N/A
you shouldn't chose a uni over the other just because you don't think you'll make many friends.

there will be nerds everywhere you go. even if there are heaps of nerds who study lots, i'm sure many of them still know how to have a good time.

and anyways, why should this bother you? you still have friends from high school you can hang with, and you can still go to places to meet new people

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
fat. said:
I've heard that there are SO MANY "nerds" who go to Syd, thus seriously Putting me off the idea of going to Syd- is this true??
I'm not worrieD about wat uni i attend OR Its reputation, but would rather go to a uni in which the students have some social life, as opposed to going to a uni like sydney where students do nothing but STUDY, study... and more study.
Fat.
I mean no offence when I say this, however I have taken into account this post as well as your attitude and it is my conclusion that study at neither UNSW or USYD would be beneficial to you. Perhaps you'll even want to reconsider university study entirely. Maybe an apprenticeship would be more to your liking?

Affinity

HSC
Yes there are many nerds and geeks in these two universites. Seriously, why do you care.. they have their life and you can be a party anaimal if it pleases you :D

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i seriously dnt know why you are going to bother going to uni. its not cheap and if you want a social life you dont need uni to have one.

not everyone at usyd or unsw is a nerd.

ShAdow_FaX

HSC
um, isnt SYD like renowned for its social life.

and for a place where thousands and thousands of ppl go i think ur a bit of a retard for thinking they're all gonna be nerds.

loser

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
fat. said:
Fat.

nerds=intelligent ppl..........if u dont want to be around intelligent ppl then dont go to uni........

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
what do u mean nerds?
there are those who are smart and have a great social life. There are those who are smart who dont have a life
but then there are those who are dumb and have no life either
whereever u go there will be nerds
geez
you're already deciding which uni to goto under the idea of which one has less nerds

you are the one who chooses your friends, not them

oh and this was supposed ot be quoted from fat.
not anyone else

fat.

thanx for your replies... Jst quickly i hate using the words 'Nerds' and 'Geek', i feel very yr 6. But Neways, I'm guessing Its mostly "Nerds" posting replies?
YEr.. I've got Nothing against Ppl who Study study study, I jst have a different view on schooling and Life in general- thats all it is: difference of opinoins.

In the case of Uni, I value social life more then its reputation..... am i the only one in these forums that wants to go to uni , to have a new start, meet lots of yound and exciting people, while doing a course i enjoy?
Thats why I posted a thread- wondering if I'll get that at SYD?
I'd hate to go to uni and be a loner, no people to relate to, studying 24/7 while doing a boring course. wat a great life that'd be....
so u's can see my reason for concern?

Oh yer and as for :
qUote:
ShAdow_FaX
and for a place where thousands and thousands of ppl go i think ur a bit of a retard for thinking they're all gonna be nerds.
loser

Plz... tell me Did i saY everyone's a nerd at syd?
Once again Here's my post:

Originally Posted by fat.
I've heard that there are SO MANY "nerds"

Underlining, 'So many' ...
Idiot.

Is it fair to say there are more "nerds" then others at syd?
fat.

HSC
i hear what your saying fat.....i was actually thinking the same thing not long ago.

i have heaps of mates from last yr who talk up macquarie's social life, and have tried to swing me, but at the end of the day just go to whichever uni is best for you in terms of courses. There will definately be people at every university who are into partying, its just a matter of meeting them. And if u dont meet them then there always your social life outside of uni to fall back on

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Do those of us wishing to study at USYD a favour and go to UNSW.

Jase

HSC
so basically you're still saying that "nerds" have no social life, however much you avoid using the word "nerd', and you're also implying that the majority of the repliers are "nerds with no social lives".

take what shadowfax said.. there are a shit load of people who go to usyd and unsw. I'd say a good few hundred of them will be "non-nerds" as you might put it, which means you can make hundreds of friends that 'suit' you while ignoring the "nerds".

basically.. what fucking difference does it make whether one uni has more "nerds" than the other. you're just generalising life and social life way too much.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
Yes there are many nerds and geeks in these two universites. Seriously, why do you care.. they have their life and you can be a party anaimal if it pleases you :D
AHAHAHAH why are u in usyd board affinity??? ;)

as regard to ur comment that usyd has alot of nerds, i think super pig has a point... how do u define nerd??? those pplz who doesn't have a social life??? well as far as i kno from usyd, EVERYONE has a social life... no one go to uni to study their arse off... (even those who i considered nerds...)

i've seen plenty pplz who got hd averages skippin their tutorials and lectures to catch up a coffee break with fwnds (yes me included) or because of a social club meetin missin a prac or some sort...

again, even if there ARE nerds, even 50% of nerds in any uni, u can still make fwnds with the other 50%...

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Come on FAT, sydney uni has got the most active student union in the whole country, operating the largest number (more than 100 I think) of clubs and societies, some of them administered by NERDS. You should worry about getting too much distraction instead. Many ppl failed and dropped out of uni because they got carried away by parties and all that.

Affinity

HSC
xiao1985 said:
AHAHAHAH why are u in usyd board affinity??? ;)
as regard to ur comment that usyd has alot of nerds, i think super pig has a point... how do u define nerd
My statement should be corrct with any reasonable definition of the term.
xiao1985 said:
well as far as i kno from usyd, EVERYONE has a social life
Thought you go to Usyd :D
anyway.. I am sure there are ppl who study 9-5 + 7-11 in usyd

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
Don't go to UNSW, Usyd is more suitable for you

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
don't go to USYD.

I don't want to have to bump into someone there that generalises so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)