picking units=> HELP!! (1 Viewer)

*rikku*

Hello every1. i have some questions concerning my units for semester 1 for b commerce. I really need some advice on what to choose... i mean, i want to choose finance but i dun know what goes best with it. Marketing or Accounting or Commercial Law??? Also, do u recommend picking a language as well??? what goes the best with finance??? Is what u choose in the first semester really important???

ps. what is Economic Exchange and Japanese Exchange? is there Japanese Beginners in USYD?

someone plzzzzzz help!!!!!!

=(>_<)=

Last edited:

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
Accounting seems to go well with finance. Not sure about the rest though. You'll study four subject areas in 1st semester, so you have some room for choice. You can always change your enrolment online (up to 10 times each semester) if you change your mind.

The Exchange units are for students going onto exchanges overseas. So you don't need to worry about that unless you wanna go for exchange. And I am sure there are Japanese Beginners in USYD. It offers the most extensive range of language courses.

*rikku*

What is the difference between Japanese Exchange and Japanese Beginners??? Is Japanese Exchange alot more extensive than Jap Beginners? And also, is it true that we learn finance in second yr??? or can u choose it in the first year??? please tell me, i am very confused..... +><+

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
You only do Japanese Exchange if you are doing Japanese at an overseas uni while you are on exchange!!! You can't do that unit here in sydney.

If you wanna do a finance major, you just go and complete a sequence of courses which spread throughout your whole degree. Apparently there are no FINC courses in 1st year, so normally you'll start your finance major in 2nd year. You probably can't do those courses in 1st year, because there are prerequisites that you need to complete first. Read the handbook http://www.usyd.edu.au/handbooks/economics_business/eco2005.pdf

DAAVE

HSC
Hey so when do we have to pick units by?

Enrolment or after that?

Super Pig

Full time Bludger
HSC
You pick subjects on enrolment day. Don't worry, there will be academic advisors there to assist you. And you can vary enrolment online afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)