hey everyone (1 Viewer)

rhapsody_75

hey everyone [commerce/arts]

im trying to choose between commerce/arts at sydney or at new south.
im doing all arts atm and havent done maths for a while. im really keen to catch up on it all, coz this whole all-arts thing is kinda getting to me (understatement of the year). its also probably got something to do with the hsc *thankyou board of studies*
so anyway.
anyone got any ideas? im concerned about the maths content, no matter how keen i am to catch up. ive heard that commerce at new south is less difficult --?

Last edited by a moderator:

sif not 99

i know most ppl dont have an idea of what they want to do when they get to uni but do u have any idea about what majors you would want to do under the commerce and arts degrees?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by rhapsody_75
im trying to choose between commerce/arts at sydney or at new south.
im doing all arts atm and havent done maths for a while. im really keen to catch up on it all, coz this whole all-arts thing is kinda getting to me (understatement of the year). its also probably got something to do with the hsc *thankyou board of studies*
so anyway.
anyone got any ideas? im concerned about the maths content, no matter how keen i am to catch up. ive heard that commerce at new south is less difficult --?
it depends wat u major in, similar to wat sif not 99 is saying. In my opinion the difficulty at UNSW is basically the same at USyd, why would it be different? On the most part, the subjects are the same. If your worried about the maths, I can tell u that in 1st yr USyd have to do Econometrics and statistics(?), whereas at UNSW, we do financial mathematics (calculus, matrix algebra, liner functions, loans and depreciation etc) and statistics. I dunno wat econometrics is about yet, because at UNSW, u do econometrics in 2nd yr if u are majoring in Economics

rhapsody_75

ok well im thinking french as art major. but i dont really understand what the unsw arts page is talking about. minor (?) in psychology/human resource management. and commerce.??. or am i completely lost?
where does social science lead? im trying to keep my options as wide as possible coz *i have no idea* where i wanna go.
umm..oh yea...and when i said "easier" i only meant first year.. i guess maths'll get easier as i get back into the swing of it...

kini mini

HSC
ok well im thinking french as art major. but i dont really understand what the unsw arts page is talking about. minor (?) in psychology/human resource management. and commerce.??. or am i completely lost?
What do you want to do with your French? Majors and minors are awarded on units of credit.

Maths will get easier as you go along I agree :).

rhapsody_75

umm...i just wanna keep my options open more than anything else because i have no idea....
?

and can anyone tell me what ive done wrong in registration or something that means that i have to constantly sign and re-sign in and get strange messages about not having followed a valid link or something when im trying to post?

:)

kini mini

HSC
umm...i just wanna keep my options open more than anything else because i have no idea....
?
Fair enough :). Do you want to do a semester/year in France?

and can anyone tell me what ive done wrong in registration or something that means that i have to constantly sign and re-sign in and get strange messages about not having followed a valid link or something when im trying to post?

:)
Your cookie settings probably don't allow permanent storage. Look in your browser options and allow session and permanent cookies :)

rhapsody_75

thanks =)

yea i wanna spend some time in france...a year would be good i guess, but if i wanna set up a singing career alongside over here, that poses a few problems. I have a very close friend who lives near nice and ive been on exchange in the north twice - to go to the south/paris would be a nice. lol. rather not be on another cow farm. lol nah. thats all aside.

the prob is that there doesnt seem to be much other choice in the majors.

calculus? i never got there..what with living in sth africa, england, and going on exchange, and getting the usual bout of glangular fever - as all year 10s seem to do lol - ive only ever *Really* followed maths outside school for interest's sake. arts is easy to catch up on and it came easily. maths required work and being present...which i hadnt done...and also a reasonably stable syllabys i guess.. done a few different schooling systems.

ive gotta find the booklet saying all the arts courses for sydney. im concerned because nothing leaps out at me from the rest of the arts majors you can do at unsw apart from an asian language of some kind. unless i did music - performance....dont know how much performance is in that course though in reality...

meh. *need sleep* trying to cram what should have been months of work into one weekend. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)