your Lecture theatres.... (1 Viewer)

sif not 99

none of my lectures have wooden benches, although it depends on what subjects your doing and where they are scheduled. Keep in mind I am speaking as a commerce (liberal studies) student at USYD.

As for overcrowding it only ever happends for "popular lectures" because for lectures there are never more people allocated to it than seats. What happens is that say there is economic and business statistics with 4 streams at 8, 10, 1 and 3. But the uni student does not like to wake up at 8 when he/she can wake up later, and you will find that the 1pm lecture is chocker block will the 3 and the 8 are pretty sparse. Nevertheless basically everyone gets a seat, few occasions have I ever seen people not get seating....

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
haha
at UNSW, they tell u to piss off if there's no seats, coz sitting in the aisles is a fire hazard

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by routemarker
Like those wooden benches that you sit on and is it true that they get over crowded?
Sounds like the Slade lecture theatre in the USYD physics building... the benches make you go numb. *shudders* :(

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Re: Re: your Lecture theatres....

Originally posted by Lazarus
Sounds like the Slade lecture theatre in the USYD physics building... the benches make you go numb. *shudders* :(
haha soo tru i went to my friends phys lec and ppl were just leaping over the tables to get a decent seat instead of sitting on the floor.

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Lol, my friend would just fall asleep if it wasn't for the wooden benches. ;p

I like them anyway. You can sit any which way and as long as there's space nobody minds.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by sif not 99
none of my lectures have wooden benches, although it depends on what subjects your doing and where they are scheduled. Keep in mind I am speaking as a commerce (liberal studies) student at USYD.

As for overcrowding it only ever happends for "popular lectures" because for lectures there are never more people allocated to it than seats. What happens is that say there is economic and business statistics with 4 streams at 8, 10, 1 and 3. But the uni student does not like to wake up at 8 when he/she can wake up later, and you will find that the 1pm lecture is chocker block will the 3 and the 8 are pretty sparse. Nevertheless basically everyone gets a seat, few occasions have I ever seen people not get seating....
hmmm i wonder what lecture *that* is :rolleyes: :p

1pm metrics has improved heaps now though...having lots of ppl just makes it social and distracting :p ;) :D *glares at no-one in particular*

Last edited:

Fi

Yes indeeeeeedddd!!!!
The O so comfortable wooden benches...they're also found in the quad building.
:D :D

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Chemistry is a shocker, we always have people sitting on the steps, and its not because of the "popular" streams, all the streams are at the same time, just on different days. In my first Agec lecture, there were like 50 people standing, so they had to change the room.
The best lecture theatres are in Bosch, with squishy seats and air conditioning. only problem is they are so far away!

sif not 99

yeah well its not my fault if I am trying to make metrics more interesting (am I gunna get my ass kicked if I mention ur real name here) "timmiiii"?

btw I hope you made it to metrics some time today, it so makes sense now! or perhaps it was because u and kaz werent there to distract me!

as for bosch dont get me started on bosch - at least im in bosch 1 so its furnished alright - i.e. padded seats ala merewether or eastern ave. style but I gotta go from a tute next to eastern ave all the way to bosch in 5 mins grrrr....I swear they just built it so the college kids wouldnt feel so isolated from everyone and reality in particular......

Generator

HSC
N/A
Carslaw is the place to be for wooden benches...

The only decent lecture theatre in Carslaw is 173...

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
Eastern avenue lecture rooms are a dream... so amazingly comfortable to sleep on during econ

Metrics- I stopped paying attention sometime after all that normal curve stuff. please don't say that there's an assignment and a quiz due this week :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)