Parking at USYD (1 Viewer)

04er

HSC
Hey,

Am I right to say that parking costs $15 per day?! If so, why the fuck do people drive to uni? I'm asking coz I'm hating the public transport routine so much now, it bloody takes me 2 hours each way to and from uni... by the time I get home all I want to do is rest then sleep... so i was hoping that an affordable alternative to (lousy) City Rail exists... is it really $15 for parking? :(

Sorry if this question is a duplicate, couldn't be bothered doing a search ;)

04er

HSC
spin spin sugar said:
theres plenty of free parking in back streets
:O there is!? That's awesome news, thanks spin spin sugar! Has anyone tried driving from Liverpool to USYD, and if so, how's the traffic?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yep, for my 8am monday starts i often drive, and park in newtown, just off king st, its a couple of blocks walk but if youre at the darlington campus mostly its not a big deal

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
I drove from Blacktown everyday for the first 5 weeks. The traffic had its good and bad days, but with aggressive driving, i could make it in about an hour. I parked at a parking station on Carillon Avenue for $6 for the whole day. I got really bored of driving, traffic and all that shit, so I go by train now.

04er

HSC
Komit said:
I drove from Blacktown everyday for the first 5 weeks. The traffic had its good and bad days, but with aggressive driving, i could make it in about an hour. I parked at a parking station on Carillon Avenue for $6 for the whole day. I got really bored of driving, traffic and all that shit, so I go by train now.
I really can't stand the trains with all the delays, standing and cramming between strangers whom you are not only smelling but also mutually touching.

NB: Some exaggeration may have been used inadvertently ;)
No but seriously it's the travel time that's a real pain in the ass for me :chainsaw:

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Also it depends on the time you come to uni.

Sometimes you may not be lucky with the back streets and you could spend ages lookin round for parking.
I reckon the situation with parking on campus should be fixed though, its abysmal.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I would like to point out that given centrality of the primary campus in a public transport sense there is no real need for a 'parking solution' of any sort.

That's my position, anyway.

Komit

Byahhhhhhhhhh
HSC
04er, you have a point, but driving the same route day in, day out becomes very cumbersome and sometimes you feel like crashing into pedestrians just so that something interesting happens. At least on the train I can resort to pushing people and forcing them to get their feet stuck in the gap between the train and platform - which is much less blatant as mowing down people on the road.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Don't go there then if there's so much wrong with it. All you do is whinge and complain...

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Things don't improve unless you raise the issues. That's why I raise the issues.

So you keep quiet, woman.

SmokedSalmon

HSC
I often park at the Seymour Centre. Its $6 for the entire day (til 6am the next day). Unfortunately it gets filled up pretty quickly so be there before 11am! Or else try the back streets of uni like redfern or broadway.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i have parked for free every single day so far

pm me if u want to know where

p.s. its on the engineering side of city road

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Phanatical said:
Things don't improve unless you raise the issues. That's why I raise the issues.

So you keep quiet, woman.
All you do is moan about it on here though. I haven't heard your name at all since I've been at USyd.

And I'll talk and make as much noise as I like Andrew.

jpr333

HSC
gordo said:
i have parked for free every single day so far

pm me if u want to know where

p.s. its on the engineering side of city road
Message sent can you help a fellow uni student out :) xxoo

jpr333

HSC
Not a bad idea, the freshies don't get stickers but the mates in my year hmm

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
ujuphleg said:
All you do is moan about it on here though. I haven't heard your name at all since I've been at USyd.

And I'll talk and make as much noise as I like Andrew.
You haven't been around long enough to know what happens in the hallowed halls of power. Wait till election time.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Parking at Broadway shopping centre is $8.50 for the whole day (6am-12am) for UTS and USyd students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)