Bios1101 (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Hey guys
just wondering how you guys study for BIOS1101
im having trouble studying the subject, and sicne i didn't do BIOS1201, it would be appreciated if you guys could give some tips.....especially for the pre tests since mines on tomorrow
regards

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
They didn't have to do pre-tests in BIOS1201. they killed them since 2005.

Pre-test - study everything int he manual for that prac. The first pre-test will always be the hardest, just to "warn" people to study more... Subsequent tests will be easier.

Pre-tests may include multiple choice, and short answer questions. It may also ask you to calculate the actual size of something based on measurements taken from light microscopy.

Good luck.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
We did one pre-test last semester, before we started that enzymes practical sequence. I remember it was quite easy, and based entirely from stuff from the manual, as Survivor said.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Aww Darn!! Lol If only I saw Survivor's last sentence before Good Luck, I can't believe that they asked about Microscope measurements again!! I totally forgot that stuff ><

Oh well, the rest was ok, just didn't get the phraynx part..I wonder if the answer was simply - eversible or something.

G

Gavvvvvin

The test would have actually been hard, if they didnt have posters with half the answers in big bold fucking letters hanging around the room.

Rekkusu

HSC
lmao agrees on that!

Though damn I can't believe I forgot about the microscope measurement!!! Damn...not to mention the practical notes had nothing to do with the pharynx

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
lmao agrees on that!

Though damn I can't believe I forgot about the microscope measurement!!! Damn...not to mention the practical notes had nothing to do with the pharynx
hey man were you at tuesday's 10am lab?
if so which seat number were you sitting?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
oh yeah also do they scale BIOS1101 by any chance
i heard from a friend that the average for the pre-test is 0.2/3, which is you can say almost 0
so if it goes on like this and heaps of people fail do we get scaled up or do we just get our raw mark?

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
lmao agrees on that!

It mentions it only briefly when it talks about the Galeolaria caespitosa having an eversible pharynx due to the fact it is a sedentry polychaete. (stupid long classifications/names)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
oh yeah also do they scale BIOS1101 by any chance
No, unfortunately they don't.

azn_gangsta81 said:
i heard from a friend that the average for the pre-test is 0.2/3, which is you can say almost 0
so if it goes on like this and heaps of people fail do we get scaled up or do we just get our raw mark?
\

As I've said, the first test is always the hardest. Subsequent tests will be easier. You will pass if you study the prac prior to the test.

Rekkusu

HSC
Lol I studied over...yet I totally missed the Microscope calculation + Pharynx as Azn Gangsta & Velox mentioned. Arh the stupid classifications were so annoying!! lol I ended up thinking of lame names to actually help me remember the different parts of that polychate worm --> operculum, penynuncle or polynuncle XD Something like that! I hope that the number of mammals question will give us 0.5 marks per answer...even though it was just one question.

Whoa yeah I'm actually at Seat 20, at Lab G20, how bout you dude?? If you ever want to, you can switch to a seat near me, cos there's no one in our row at the end (well not yet anyway). Hey Velox are you also in our Tuesday Lab?

Psst Anyway survivor, does the final exam base itself upon only the required reading + the questions posed by Pracs?

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Lol I studied over...yet I totally missed the Microscope calculation + Pharynx as Azn Gangsta & Velox mentioned. Arh the stupid classifications were so annoying!! lol I ended up thinking of lame names to actually help me remember the different parts of that polychate worm --> operculum, penynuncle or polynuncle XD Something like that! I hope that the number of mammals question will give us 0.5 marks per answer...even though it was just one question.

Whoa yeah I'm actually at Seat 20, at Lab G20, how bout you dude?? If you ever want to, you can switch to a seat near me, cos there's no one in our row at the end (well not yet anyway). Hey Velox are you also in our Tuesday Lab?

Psst Anyway survivor, does the final exam base itself upon only the required reading + the questions posed by Pracs?
haha man im at seat number 1
right at the front
ill look for u in the near future
laterz

Rekkusu

HSC
Haha it's great that you're in the same lab room as me though! The G21 has like utterly serious, boring demonstrators...not to mention the guy who sat next to me had this total "I will only know girls as friends or classmates" attitude. He kept feeling really superior...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
The lab peoples from last semester came from the lab closest to the office - they were very good demonstrators if you ask me.

This term, I'm in a Thursday lab in the other room. I studied for the wrong things, although I'm pretty confident that I got the microscope question right, thanks to BoS.

Mike Archer is an awesome lecturer.

G

Gavvvvvin

Rekkusu said:
Haha it's great that you're in the same lab room as me though! The G21 has like utterly serious, boring demonstrators...not to mention the guy who sat next to me had this total "I will only know girls as friends or classmates" attitude. He kept feeling really superior...
Blah I'm in your lab too.

Yes Mike Archer rocks.

Rekkusu

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:

Yes Mike Archer rocks.
G20 as well dude?

@Neb: Yeah I think semester 1's lab demonstrators were pretty good, but all demonstrators I believe have switched rooms...like as in the ones that also taught BIOS1201.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Nah im in thursdays lab. I got 2/6 for the lab test even though i'm sure i got the archaeopteryx (sp?) question right... Hopefully I can pass if i scab that mark.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hey did anyonme do the first tutorial yet
im kinda stuck on question 4
does anyone know the answer to it
thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:

Yes Mike Archer rocks.
yeah i gotta agree that mike archer is prob one of the best if not the best lecturer i have ever had so far in my uni life

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Some of the faculty of education people are just as good, if not better. Seeing as they're educating on educating though, it's to be expected. Mike Archer makes everything he says funny and interesting though, I love it. It really does help in the subject when the lecturer is excited about what they're talking about, instead of sitting there droning on like they don't care about it. Nick Roberts in chemistry seems pretty good too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)