WAM question (1 Viewer)

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
if im doing a combined degree and ive transferred from a previous degree at the same uni, how do i:

a) find my wam for my separate courses? or
b) ensure that that wam (i was only given one WAM) doesnt take into consid my previous course marks ?

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
The WAM is an average of your marks per semester. So...you can't get it for individual courses.

Usually when considering your Academic Statement the WAM isn't commonly used. Convert your WAM to GAMS. i.e. Check out GAMSAT booklet and they'll show you how to convert your uni marks between different university grading systems.

Your previous University records can be credited when applying for a UNSW degree i.e. get your previous course records to be counted.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Rekkusu said:
The WAM is an average of your marks per semester. So...you can't get it for individual courses.

Usually when considering your Academic Statement the WAM isn't commonly used. Convert your WAM to GAMS. i.e. Check out GAMSAT booklet and they'll show you how to convert your uni marks between different university grading systems.

Your previous University records can be credited when applying for a UNSW degree i.e. get your previous course records to be counted.
bad advice, GAMSA grades are for gamsat only, they cant be used to equate scores.

elfm

HSC
every time you change degree programs you will get an additional wam total on your transcript.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)