bonus uai points for band 5/6's (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
There are no "bonus" UAI points.

UNSW may grant you entry to a certain degree if you perform well in certain subjects and only miss out on the required UAI by a few points. The best example would be performing well in 3/4U Mathematics and English and being accepted into Commerce if you are within a few points of the cut off.

EDIT: I was uneducated when I made this post, ignore it.

Last edited:

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
uhawww said:
There are no "bonus" UAI points.

UNSW may grant you entry to a certain degree if you perform well in certain subjects and only miss out on the required UAI by a few points. The best example would be performing well in 3/4U Mathematics and English and being accepted into Commerce if you are within a few points of the cut off.
http://www.unsw.edu.au/HSCPlus
that looks like bonus points to me...

& for the topic maker
"If you have a preference for a program included in HSC Plus at the close of change of preferences AND your performance in a Year 12 course or courses is in a specified band, bonus points will be automatically added to your UAI or equivalent to increase your selection rank for that preference."
http://www.unsw.edu.au/futureStudents/undergrad/ced/HSCPlus.html#HowdoIapplyforHSCPlus?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Martyno1 said:
http://www.unsw.edu.au/HSCPlus
that looks like bonus points to me...

& for the topic maker
"If you have a preference for a program included in HSC Plus at the close of change of preferences AND your performance in a Year 12 course or courses is in a specified band, bonus points will be automatically added to your UAI or equivalent to increase your selection rank for that preference."
http://www.unsw.edu.au/futureStudents/undergrad/ced/HSCPlus.html#HowdoIapplyforHSCPlus?
Oh wow there's actually set points now.. holy shit.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Next issue:

How does this guy look anything like a HSC student?

gman03

HSC
Wow when did they start introducing another hack to the UAI system?

kokodamonkey

HSC
thanks. i never bothered looking on the site about it.. i only knew about it when i went to one of those things a few months back at maq uni and they had all the dif unis in it and there was a bit about it in the back of the unsw commerce book thingie

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
I'm not sure if you actually get a higher UAI though... I think the "bonus points" means, like uhawww said, if you apply to UNSW, they will let you in because they give you some imaginary UAI points so you can make the cut-off.

You actual UAI will not increase...

Akeru

Rain maker
HSC
yeah. some other universities also give ppl living in rural areas imaginary bonus UAI points if they don't make the cut-off to the program they want.....
Actual UAI don't increase.

kokodamonkey

HSC
yeah i know the actual one doesnt "increase". it just "increases" for the sake of qualifying for the unsw degrees

hero.

HSC
N/A
Go to a shit school in the western suburbs and UNSW apparently gives you some leeway (if i remember correctly, its up to 15) to the course you want to do.

Chris.

HSC
if they told me they did this bonus uai shit last year i wouldve made it into B Commerce instead of B Eco.

Ah well...i wouldve done a major in economics anyway

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
and it doesn't include these courses:

Combined Law
Commerce (International)
Medicine/Surgery
Optometry/Science

i would've liked that extra 5 UAI points for my UAC application :p

kokodamonkey

HSC
hero. said:
Go to a shit school in the western suburbs and UNSW apparently gives you some leeway (if i remember correctly, its up to 15) to the course you want to do.
i dont think it would be that much? and i think you mean that access stuff? like if you go to a crappy school, or youve had a family tragedy in yr12 like a parent dying, or if your aboriginal etc, you qualify for that access thingand certaint unis give u certaint credit uai points towards things.?

hero.

HSC
N/A
kokodamonkey said:
i dont think it would be that much? and i think you mean that access stuff? like if you go to a crappy school, or youve had a family tragedy in yr12 like a parent dying, or if your aboriginal etc, you qualify for that access thingand certaint unis give u certaint credit uai points towards things.?
Yes, because I apparently got that last year. They send you a letter.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Chris. said:
if they told me they did this bonus uai shit last year i wouldve made it into B Commerce instead of B Eco.

Ah well...i wouldve done a major in economics anyway

haha.
I'm pretty sure they did the bOnus UAI thing last year.

I got 90.45 -> got into commerce. had band 6 in 2u, E3 in 3u and band 4 in english.

Which gives me exactly 5 extra uai points. haha.
I am so lucky.!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Haha a Bleach-Fan Shinji! Mad stuff with the latest episode I gotta say.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Rekkusu said:
Haha a Bleach-Fan Shinji! Mad stuff with the latest episode I gotta say.
Haha for sure man.

I'm so glad the fillers are over though. The manga is so far ahead. >< ... . well not really but yeah. :/ (yeah i read the manga as well)

I have a feeling that more fillers are gonna come.

Hey btw, just so you know ... The bleach movie is available for dl now. ;)
http://www.bleach7.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)