Online GenEds (1 Viewer)

Tired

HSC
HI, has anybody done the "ENERGY and MINERAL RESOURCES, Use or Abuse"(GENE7801) subject?
If so, was it easy? - I need a WAM boost:) !

Also, does anybody else know anymore ONLINE geneds?

Pace_T

HSC
i also wanna find out which geneds are online over this summer hols. im not going to uni over the holidays :/
i think theres this mining one but it sounds shit, i wonder if there's any others.
originally i was hoping to enrol in some safety/ergonomics online geneds but apparently theyre on in winter session. =(

elfm

HSC
'work and safety' and 'hiv and other infectious diseases' (don't remember its exact name) are probably the easiest online courses. they both should be available over the summer. hiv is probably the easier out of the two to get good marks as 60% of the mark is from online discussions.

Pace_T

HSC
i enrolled in envrionmental management (8005) and safety and ergonomics (8004). i think those names are the right ones
anyone who did these courses wanna comment on them? :D

shannonm

HSC
N/A
GENE7801 - is an easy, good course. recommended. website: http://www.mining.unsw.edu.au/courses/GENE7801/course information.htm

GENS8005 (enviro in workplace) - 3 quizzes and a group report. i was 'placed' in a group with 3 international (2x hk, 1x indo) students who did shit all. sent me half a page of broken english bullshit the night before it was due and i basically had to do it all myself (apparently this happens in coursework too but I havent had this experience). anyway the point is: make sure you are in a decent group for the report, if you get rubbish group members just drop the course (can't change groups once selected). pretty boring content.

GENS8004 (erg, prod, safe) - some of the content is actaully interesting i saved the notes). however there is a quiz that covers a bit on musculoskeletal and visual system. it's obvious whoever wrote the multiple choice questions/answers has no f_cking clue in this field whatsoever . lots of dubious crap (negative marking doesn't help). i took the remainder of the quizzes, saved the answers and dropped the course

gens8003 (work, safety) - i enrolled in this, but dropped it after bombing the first quiz (8 or something out of 20). not sure on the content past the first few weeks (legal stuff, and risk management in the workplace)

GENS6033 (hiv, unconq. infect) - as previously mentioned had a large mark component devoted to online discussion of tutorials. you can get a good mark here if you are prepared to put the effort in

GENM0703 (conc. phys fit & health) [in person]- one of the last remaining geneds that is genuinely easy as piss. alot of people do this for the high end mark. final has negative marking but you should know most of it by general knowledge anyway.

GENM0510 (using the media) [in person] - content was quite interesting if you care about journalism, press releases, how the media works, etc. pretty intense short course (i.e. there is a reading (you need to write review+bring next day) plus some assignment for the next day. one day a group will need to prepare a press-release, and a 1hr tutorial for the next day, so yeah only do this one if you can really devote the whole time to the work.
lecturer miscounted my final marks and by the time i got back (from overseas) it was too late to change them. so if you do this double check your marks the old guy gives you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)