Underloading Questions (1 Viewer)

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
hey, ive been searching around but cant seem to find any answers to the following questions:

Are there any changes in how HECS is paid off if im underloading (3 subjects per semester of 6 units each)? I came across a few pages that said 24UOC is required to be considered a 'full-time student'. would i have to end up paying more if i study at a slower rate? what are the differences between a full time and part time student?

Do i have to tell someone i wish to underload or do i simply enrol in only 3 subjects next year?

Any disadvantages besides graduating later?

im fine with having to spend a few more months at uni and maybe take some summer session classes if thats all there is to it. there doesnt seem to be any prerequisites for the subjects ill be taking next year that i havent already covered.

i like studying what im doing but i really cant keep up with the 22 contact hours + ~40 hour per week study without falling behind and getting to the point where the only reason i continue to study is to scrape a pass for exams/assignments rather than actually learn the material properly.

btw, can anyone tell me how they feel about second year engineering compared to first year?

ZabZu

HSC
If your doing 18 UOC your still considered a full-time student.

gman03

HSC
DeathB4Life said:
hey, ive been searching around but cant seem to find any answers to the following questions:

Are there any changes in how HECS is paid off if im underloading (3 subjects per semester of 6 units each)? I came across a few pages that said 24UOC is required to be considered a 'full-time student'. would i have to end up paying more if i study at a slower rate? what are the differences between a full time and part time student?
Full/Part-time mainly concerns scholarship holders or international student for fullfilingl their visa requirements to stay in australia or they have to go.

It also applies to local student prior to Voluntary Student Unionism where we have to pay different fees at different rate.

Since courses/subjects are paid according to UoC and their subject area (the bands), they are not affected by whether you're Full or Part time.

Depending on your academic standing, you might need to School Office.

DeathB4Life said:
btw, can anyone tell me how they feel about second year engineering compared to first year?
Feels the same, just keep up with subjects and balance your study/life out.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
gman03 said:
Full/Part-time mainly concerns scholarship holders or international student for fullfilingl their visa requirements to stay in australia or they have to go.

It also applies to local student prior to Voluntary Student Unionism where we have to pay different fees at different rate.

Since courses/subjects are paid according to UoC and their subject area (the bands), they are not affected by whether you're Full or Part time.

Depending on your academic standing, you might need to School Office.

Feels the same, just keep up with subjects and balance your study/life out.
It also means local students cant get concession (if theyre part time).

But yeah, 18UoC is considered full-time for centrelink benefits and concession. So happy 3 subject-ing :wave:

volition

arr.
HSC
uhawww said:
It also means local students cant get concession (if theyre part time).
I suppose you could pull the ol' "enrol in 24UOC, get your concession stamp, then drop out of the last 6UOC before financial penalty" ;)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
volition said:
I suppose you could pull the ol' "enrol in 24UOC, get your concession stamp, then drop out of the last 6UOC before financial penalty" ;)
Yes you can do that, lol hell my friend did it for 12 UOC. All it matters is that you're:

1. Local student
2. Enrol in 18-24 UOC prior to obtaining your student card. OR If asked by E-Spot on whether you're a part time student or full time student, clearly state you are a full time student.

No one checks you UNSW ID card ever again, until you need to swipe to gain door access or during examinations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)