question about gen ed for summer session! (1 Viewer)

pink668

HSC
hi guys!

i'm thinking of taking the gen ed courses GENT0420: along the skilk road: conqereors, traders & explorers and GENT0438: Islam in east asian and south-east asian countries during summer session... are these courses hard? are they easy to pass ? i'm bit nervous because i've looked at the assessments and both have essays (haven't written any essays in over a year...)

has anyone done these courses? what did you think of it? with the take home exams for both courses- are they just essays and with the exams- are they essays or short answer questions?

and also, when are the deadlines for gened enrolments,i've tried looking at the handbook but was unable to find anything. with the gened exams- are usually held at uni or at the randwick race course?

thank you very much for your help!

sorry for making another thread, there's something wrong with the first one

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
It's quite important in choosing what Gen Ed you do. Most people fall into the trick that you do it, because its interesting.

If you feel uncomfortable with completing the assessments, its best to choose other Gen Eds. If you're lazy, but you want good marks like a minimum of a HD, then do Gen Eds that don't have Final Exams, I heard online ones are the best ;) COFA are particularly enjoyable and easy to gain HDs in.

Essays are extremely subjective, and best to avoid where possible.

Pace_T

HSC
from what ive heard about those two courses, aparenly they are really shit hehe. bare in mind i think closing date is soon if it hasnt passed already :confused:

pink668

HSC
hey guys!

thanks for the advice... i think i only really wanted to do GENT0420: along the skilk road: conqereors, traders & explorers, so i might drop the second course. if i want to drop the course, do i just do it on myunsw before the census date (hence, no financial liability)? and is it possible to drop after first lecture if i don't like it just as long as it's before census date?

also, about winter session, are there gen ed courses offered during this time and when does this information come out?

thanks very much for your help!

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
pink668 said:
hey guys!

thanks for the advice... i think i only really wanted to do GENT0420: along the skilk road: conqereors, traders & explorers, so i might drop the second course. if i want to drop the course, do i just do it on myunsw before the census date (hence, no financial liability)? and is it possible to drop after first lecture if i don't like it just as long as it's before census date?

also, about winter session, are there gen ed courses offered during this time and when does this information come out?

thanks very much for your help!
The census date for Summer session every year is typically around 22nd February, i.e. the day that Summer Session ends.

So practically, this should answer your second question. You can go to all the lectures, or Tutorials for this Gen Ed and not pay a dime.

If MyUNSW Portal - Summer Session Enrolment has the "Drop" button next to the course, then yes, you can drop it. But once you get to your final and only course enrolled in Summer Session, you'll need to get Student Central to drop it.

Winter Session Courses, we aren't even sure if Winter Session still exists for next year, but if it does, the 2008 timetables for the course should state so. Also Enrolment for Winter Session is around Mid of Semester 1 2008.

Head here to see what courses are offered in each session:

http://www.timetable.unsw.edu.au/2008/sessionSearch.html

Note that UNSW has changed their terminology significantly, calling Semesters by Teaching Periods. And from the looks of it, Winter session doesn't seem to be offered anymore. Check with Student Central.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)