Failed Course: UOC Question (1 Viewer)

fright

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing a Bsc, and I failed one of my courses this semester. It's not a prerequisite to my major or minor. I just wanted to know if the UOC will still be counted towards the 144 required ( I doubt it), and will I then have to stay an extra semester to complete the required UOC? Thanks

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
I think failed units count considering that its calculated to your WAM.... not 100% sure though. Pfftt... first years, what do we know? :hammer:

:hammer:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
AFAIK

If you fail a unit and re-do it, only the first-attempt will count towards your WAM.

I think it will be counted towards the 144 UOC though.

fright

HSC
N/A
I'm not really too bothered about my WAM, as its high enough for now. The only thing I'm worried about is the failed subject not being counted towards my 144 required UOC, and having to essentially stay an extra semester in order to complete it.

HSC
jb_nc said:
AFAIK

If you fail a unit and re-do it, only the first-attempt will count towards your WAM.

I think it will be counted towards the 144 UOC though.
both count

they do in faculty of business

fright

HSC
N/A
Just trying to confirm, so I won't have to repeat the subjects, or I will?

gman03

HSC
blindedinchains said:
both count

they do in faculty of business
It will not count towards your degree, otherwise i could get a business degree without attending a single exam and fail everything. (common sense no?)

Fail = do an extra subject

HSC
sorry im still unclear on the whole WAM thing - if i failed something, then redo it and pass, won't that passing mark be counted towards the WAM and the failing mark simply ignored?

thanks

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
u were trying to fail one of ur subjs? lol.

but anyway. good idea. =)

grimreaper

HSC
politik said:
Your WAM counts EVERY MARK YOU'VE EVER COMPLETED, INCLUDING FAILURES.

There's a reason why a Fail is a poor result.

Some schools will only count the first mark you get for a subject toward your WAM, and not any subsequent marks if you fail it the first time (though this may be limited to some engineering schools, I'm not sure.)

HSC
gman03 said:
It will not count towards your degree, otherwise i could get a business degree without attending a single exam and fail everything. (common sense no?)

Fail = do an extra subject
both subjects douche bag

HSC
actually i just looked it up, and for EET (electrical engineering) your first mark is used for the school's WAM (used to determine honours, rankings and stuff). not sure about the UNSW WAM

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)