Choosing between uni's Quick reply please! (1 Viewer)

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Im currently deciding between Usyd and UNsw for b commerce/ b engineering.

I understand that the commerce and engineering faculties are better at unsw however this carries some cons.

-Distance: Usyd takes 40 minutes to get there while unsw takes 1 hour minimum
-Course time: Usyd degree is only for 5 years while Unsw is 5.5 years
-Social: I enjoy the 'look' on unsw and its modern facilities
-Academics: For some reason i think usyd has a more studeous atmosphere, while unsw is more carefree and relaxed. I prefer unsw in this aspect

In general im deciding between, a greater travel time (extra 40 mins travel/day for 5.5 years) for a possibly better education, to a uni with less travel time, but with a studeous atmoshpere and convenience.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
from what i understand, i wouldnt assume that UNSW commerce is any better then USYD commerce. as to engineering im not sure.

go to whichever one you prefer, itll be worth the 20 minutes if you enjoy your time there

Pace_T

HSC
go to USYD. UNSW is a hole!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
just cause u have no decent places to do burnouts! UNSW kicks ass, but the finance courses in either university's (Usyd vs UNSW) are basically identical books. i wouldnt be surprised if that stretched to other disciplines

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
unsw engineering beats usyd engineering. go to unsw. i am not biased btw :hammer:

phrred

HSC
the extra half year is a work placement isnt it?
if so, u should definitely choose unsw or even uts as work exp will help you greatly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)