need current uni students' opinion (1 Viewer)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Hi ppl, i just need ur opinion for something..

First of all is it handy to own ur own pc to do uni work on, if i get one will i be using it a lot or will i be fine with the family one, where my yr 12 sister and my yr6 brother and parents use?
Secondly, i got into B. Engineering, i will be doin mechatronic, and i was wondering if there is any time at all for computer games?? i dont know how classes are gonna be like, but is there time at all for playin games, not hours and hours, but will my playing games just stop because i will be a busy busy uni student?? im hoping there will still be time for that, but i just need opinions of current engineering students..
thanx in advance!!!

HSC
it will be handy to have your own computer, unless you do all your work at uni...its just a nuisance if you share with family because you will have one or two programming subjects.

you can make time for games if that's if you want to do, its a heavy workload but there's always time for other things

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
Having your own PC would be dandy. And you'll still have plenty of time for games, we have quake3 and enemy territory installed on most of the lab comps in the engineering factulty, quite a lot of people play :rofl:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
by playin games i mean at home, ie. will i be too busy doin theses (if thats plural of thesis) and assignments and study to play ps2 or pc games at home??

Loz_metalhead

HSC
That's like asking if you will have time to have a life outside of uni. You don't want to be studying 24/7

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
thats good..
a while ago i had the indecision of choosing wat next gen console i wanted to get, then a friend of mine suggested to build pc, for games, and i can use for uni work. i thought that was good idea, but i wanted to be able to actually play games, not be busy all the time since that would suck.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Definitely get yourself a PC if you can. You'll have heaps of time for gaming. Just manage your time well and prioritse uni work before games (easier said than done).

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
deff. helpful to get your own pc.! =]

and there's enough time for you to play games. haha; i spent most of my time on msn/playing games and working .. and managed to pass all my subjects with a Cr average Wam! =D

Although; i did study here and there.. =]

TIME MANAGEMENT!!! =]

Vylen

HSC
defintely... its all about time management....

i even managed to play games during stuvac when i was meant to be studying for my exams :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)