timetable (1 Viewer)

blackbetty69

HSC
so i just finished my timetabling which took me ages (i tried to do 48UOC in one semester,,, now doing 24) but ive worked it out so that i get all my fridays off.(doing mechatronics engineering)

I just wondered if there is a gap in between lectures to stuff a sandwhich in because my mondays are fairly hectic!(Solid classes)

Btw, i noticed that there doesnt seem to be any difference for this first 2 years between mechanical and mechatronic degrees. This will be good because if i decide i dont like mechatronics/think career prospects are better for mechanical ill be able to change pretty easily right?

It does seem that mechatronics covers most of what you would need to work as a mechanical engineer and then adds on electrical stuff.

I just cant think of many industries that dont have both an electrical and mechanical component of sorts to it and hense my choice of mechatronics. Guess ive wondered off my original question here but meh.

Vylen

HSC
blackbetty69 said:
so i just finished my timetabling which took me ages (i tried to do 48UOC in one semester,,, now doing 24) but ive worked it out so that i get all my fridays off.(doing mechatronics engineering)
i actually lol'ed at this

blackbetty69 said:
I just wondered if there is a gap in between lectures to stuff a sandwhich in because my mondays are fairly hectic!(Solid classes)
no not really, unless you have nothing going on for an hour.... just eat your food in the lecture room... despite the signs saying No food or Drinks, no one cares and people eat and drink all they want :p

blackbetty69 said:
Btw, i noticed that there doesnt seem to be any difference for this first 2 years between mechanical and mechatronic degrees. This will be good because if i decide i dont like mechatronics/think career prospects are better for mechanical ill be able to change pretty easily right?
Yes, that should be the case since they're the same it means you can transfer the completed courses into the mechanical degree

blackbetty69 said:
It does seem that mechatronics covers most of what you would need to work as a mechanical engineer and then adds on electrical stuff.

I just cant think of many industries that dont have both an electrical and mechanical component of sorts to it and hense my choice of mechatronics. Guess ive wondered off my original question here but meh.
ok.....

HSC
to answer your question, i had heaps of 5-6 hours straight, u find that u leave hte lecture like 10min early, u rock up to ur tut like 5min late, that 15min is plenty of time to grab food and eat it inbetween. i never liked 1 hour lunch breaks cause u could be home that 1hr earlier!

nadine06

HSC
a bit off topic but can u change your timetable after you do it?? and can u change your subjects or once you enroll are u locked into them??

blackbetty69

HSC
dont think so. just go to ur myunsw thing and go to update enrolment and drop swap and change from there.

Vylen

HSC
yep, you're free to change/swap/drop subjects up untill the Census date sometime in march or later (its a key date in the UNSW calendar)

Thought Shark

HSC
Yes, you can change as much as you want until either classes start, classes are full or the census date is reached.

nadine06

HSC
thanks. i want to enrol now cause everyone keeps telling me to do my timetable in case i get stuck with bad times, but i still want to attend the advisory day in case i need to change a subject

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Enrol first, you can always change later. You can change your courses anywhere until 6 weeks into the session.

Though since you're asking this Nadine, it must be because you're still unsure of what courses to enrol in, or what major/minor stream you wish to do.

My best course of recommendation for any UNSW student is to simply call our Enrolment centre (Its displayed in your MyUNSW site, the moment you click in enrolment). Otherwise google unsw enrolment enquiries. I've left the phone number here somewhere in this thread.

Advisory day will in a way be a repeat of the online UNSW handbook, but by all means go if you're not sure what careers you're aiming for.

All the best! And Welcome to Uni!

Pace_T

HSC
Casmira said:
to answer your question, i had heaps of 5-6 hours straight, u find that u leave hte lecture like 10min early, u rock up to ur tut like 5min late, that 15min is plenty of time to grab food and eat it inbetween. i never liked 1 hour lunch breaks cause u could be home that 1hr earlier!
thats EXACTLY how i see it. why cant people see it this way???
well actually i do it so i can sleep in more not go home earlier. since LEGT is a fucking whore and only have 6-9pm lectures, i can squeeze in my classes before the lectures and not start so early in the morning...

chucknthem

chuck norris
HSC
yeah, 5-7 hour blocks are fine, especially if most of them are lectures.

nadine06

HSC
i know this is a dumb question but i need to make sure ive finally finished my timetable and im doing 4 days a week, but on timetable it shows like 4 lectures for chem i only have to go to one right?? thats why they say its a permitted clash??

HSC
Pace_T said:
thats EXACTLY how i see it. why cant people see it this way???
well actually i do it so i can sleep in more not go home earlier. since LEGT is a fucking whore and only have 6-9pm lectures, i can squeeze in my classes before the lectures and not start so early in the morning...
dont bullshit me, you're so doing hellies at that time

but seriously, i try to get home as early as possible, like if ill avoid 11-4 classes cause to me that ruins the day, id much prefer 10-1 or 10-2 cause i still got a day left so to speak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)