so confused - re timetables/enrolement (1 Viewer)

Jt*

HSC
i'm doing b comm/eco this year
i've accepted the offer and stuff but i'm totally confused with enrolling and timetables
can i even enrol in courses yet?
i've been reading these threads and it seems that some ppl know their timetable already...i'm so lost right now everything about uni just confuses me

any help would be great...sorry about being so vague lol

ARGHHHH
also
i don't even know how many courses i'm supposed to pick...the language and all these numbers is so confusinggg
something about UOC...??
i dont know if anyone else is having this problem but i'm really sad because i feel stupid

Last edited:

Vylen

HSC

you'll be able to adjust your timetable accordingly that way, and by adjust i mean enrol to the courses you need/want and set up the lectures and tutorials you want to go to

karoooh

HSC
Jt* said:
i'm doing b comm/eco this year
i've accepted the offer and stuff but i'm totally confused with enrolling and timetables
can i even enrol in courses yet?
i've been reading these threads and it seems that some ppl know their timetable already...i'm so lost right now everything about uni just confuses me

any help would be great...sorry about being so vague lol

ARGHHHH
also
i don't even know how many courses i'm supposed to pick...the language and all these numbers is so confusinggg
something about UOC...??
i dont know if anyone else is having this problem but i'm really sad because i feel stupid

UOC = Units of Credit. They're usually 6 units/subject, but can be 3 units, depending on the which degree/subject you're doing.

And for Com/Econ, I think you have to do:

Accounting 1A
QMA
Micro 1

and a subject which you plan on majoring in for Commerce.

Jt*

HSC
so if i do like accounting a or whatever it was i don't have to do b??
and how do i know how many units of credit the subject is worth...i also have no idea how many units of credit i need in total

yeah i'm pretty daft about this whole process, i seem to be reading the same things like 10 times and getting nowhere :s
pretty embarrassing lol

karoooh

HSC
Jt* said:
so if i do like accounting a or whatever it was i don't have to do b??
and how do i know how many units of credit the subject is worth...i also have no idea how many units of credit i need in total

yeah i'm pretty daft about this whole process, i seem to be reading the same things like 10 times and getting nowhere :s
pretty embarrassing lol
Accounting 1B is compulsory for all 1st Years as is 1A.

1st year Commerce and Econ students have to do:

Accounting 1A (Sem 1)
Accounting 1B (Sem 2)
Micro 1 (Sem 1)
Macro 1 (Sem 2)
QMA (Sem 1)
QMB (Sem 2)

So that 3 compulsory subjects for each semester, for first year.

Generally, the maximum number of credits you can do is 24 units - currently, with the compulsory subjects, you have 18 units. You need one extra subject and it's up to you which subject it is; what you wish to major in.

It's all straight forward and in the handbook. You just need to find it.

All I've said is really basic, so just follow and read what's in the link, cos you'll probably get a better understanding from it.

http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2007/3521.html

Jt*

HSC
thanks that really helps a lot

(i hope all uni isn't this confusing...) haha

IceOnFire

HSC

Mr-X

HSC
Can someone help with my B Social Science enrolement?

I've enroled in SLSP1000 Social Science & Policy (6 UOC), and that's the only thing I have on my timetable. I'm sure there should be more stuff but what exactly do I put in?

Thought Shark

HSC
I recommend a Bachelor of Get the Fuck Back to the Kitchen and Cook me a Steak.

Pace_T

HSC
Thought Shark said:
I recommend a Bachelor of Get the Fuck Back to the Kitchen and Cook me a Steak.
hahah
but then again, the way chicks are these days most will drop out :p

Vylen

HSC
Mr-X said:

I've enroled in SLSP1000 Social Science & Policy (6 UOC), and that's the only thing I have on my timetable. I'm sure there should be more stuff but what exactly do I put in?
http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/programs/2008/3420.html

that page provides detailed information regarding your degree and the courses you need to choose for your first year of study, specifically, the following paragraph:

How to Choose Your First Year Program
Enrol in the core course SLSP1001 and either SLSP1000 or an equivalent course (see 2. above); then choose one area from the list in point 3. which you would like to major in, and enrol in the appropriate first year (Level 1) courses. Then select additional courses to make up a total of 48 units of credit. 24 Level 1 units of credit must be selected from courses offered by the Faculty.
of course, refer to the page i linked here for what its talking about

^emmie^

HSC
Mr-X said:

hey im doing this course too yay:uhhuh:

anyway yer i was heaps confused to it took me ages of reading that stupid handbook n i still not sure if i did it right anyway yer u choose SLSP1000 which is the core topic then u choose 3 other subjects out of all the other topics in the handbook ie sociology etc like chose one from what u wanna major in and then just another two u wanna do.
if this helps at all lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)