< 18 UOC for a Fulltime Student? (1 Viewer)

Caution123

HSC
Hi ther eguys :) Today is last day to drop subjects without financial or academic penalty. Problem is, I've already dropped on subject and didn't have the chance to pick up another because of this 12 week semester bs. I'm also enrolled in fundamentals of maths B as I didn't do the bridging course nor 3 for all of year 12. Problem is, this course is a bit too easy... And the 3u topics I've missed out on are taught in Mathematics B, but the same topics are also revised in the other maths course. Let's say I can't transfer maths subjects, will I be allowed to just do 12UOC this semester?

HSC
not really sure what you're asking? if you withdraw then you will be classified as part time (if its 6cp/subject) but if you want to study part time you can.

Caution123

HSC
Well I enrolled as a Full time student, but by definition a Full time Student does atleast 18 UOC. I'm doing 18 UOC right now, but if I drop maths I will have 12 UOC. Now what I'm asking is. If I'm on 12 UOC my full time student status gets changed to a part time student? And thats it right? I only plan to do this for this semester.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Dear Caution123,

The Full Time / Part Time status is only required for receiving a "CityRail" concession stamp on your UNSW ID Card.

Other than that, it does not matter whether you are full time or part time. This will not be displayed in your academic transcripts. They will only state the subjects you enrolled and completed in.

In answer to your question, yes you are a Part Time student now owing to that.
This also means that you've underloaded by 6 UOC or more, and will need to retake the appropriate number of UOC in the future.

Rekkusu

xxPanDa

HSC
if u already got the concession stamp
its not like they are going to take it off ur card, are they? lol

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Thank you for explicitly pointing out my politically incorrect answers politik :apig:

Anyhow, for an average University student unless if you're completing Medicine which (You would be doing Full-Time anyway), Full time or Part time status is irrelevant.

Yes your employers can see that if they want, but by the end of the day, a student who has done 24 UOC but only managed to get 4 Passes is pretty fudging stupid in comparison to a Part time student who at least get Credits to Distinctions in the exact same courses but over a longer timespan. In the end, both students will graduate with the exact same degrees. I haven't seen a part-time student being turned down a job just because they did it part-time. Unless if you're applying for a job at the United Nations or the White house.

You don't want to push yourself to do 24 UOC if you're going to end up failing. Trust me failing DOES not look good in your transcript. (Not that I have lol, but I feel sorry for those who do).

And for argument's sake: "The Full Time / Part Time status is only required for receiving a "CityRail" concession stamp on your UNSW ID Card."

Yes that is correct. I literally worked in SSO and all of our staff know this loophole, even if you drop to part time after receiving the CityRail stamp, it's not against the law, and UNSW can do nothing about it.

It's just like No-smoking areas in Uni, I see people smoke shitless (like one after another) in an area where the tables are labelled no smoking, the walls are labelled no smoking. No one gives a fudging crap! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)