14 weeks to 12 weeks, why? (1 Viewer)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Because they need to save moneyz from losing shit loads of it trying to open UNSW Asia in Singapore.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
pfft, close it down, so we dont need to rush thru our courses.. (directed to dean of unsw, i wonder if he checks these forums..?)

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
they did close it down, hence why it was a waste of money

Affinity

HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Why would they do that when they already have one in Kensington?
A few idiots believed that a campus in singapore would be just as attractive to students from SE asia as the campus in kensington, when fees there are higher.

They thought UNSW is popular because it's offering and "australian degree" not realising (or being in denial of) people's true intentions:

1.)Enjoying the environment here in sydney.
2.)Immigration advantages from onshore studying.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
To put it simply. UNSW conducts itself as a business, all it wanted was more reputation and more money. Despite its own Entreprenuer's unit voting against the construction of that campus (and with good reasons).

Yup they lost millions to billions. Plus they had to use money together with the govt's taxpayer money to pay for the "singapore-enrolled" students to continue their studes at unsw kensington.

ohne

HSC
I think the norm for most universities is 12 weeks rather than 14, that's what they said when they reduced it.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
I found an 8 page brief on why they chose to reduce the length of the sessions. There was no mention of significant financial losses, just that the other GO8 unis had reduced their sessions down to 13 weeks or so.

Lies?

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
darkwolfzx said:
I found an 8 page brief on why they chose to reduce the length of the sessions. There was no mention of significant financial losses, just that the other GO8 unis had reduced their sessions down to 13 weeks or so.

Lies?
Dude, do you really think they'd publish anything that makes them look like fools?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)