Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 346
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: UNSW Food Guide

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Retirement Village of Alaska
    Posts
    3,277
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    I go to Satay Delight at Matthews.
    I order Beef Laksa.
    I request moar fried onion and some extra chilli.
    I devour the entire contents of the bowl.
    OH YEA.

    seriously, people should man up and drink the soup therefore the entire bowl.
    what a waste when i see bowls with only the soup remaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omium View Post
    I tried "Southern Wok" today, ordered Hokkien noodles, was alright however lower campus was better.

    Noodle bar at lower campus has a very limited selection so every week im gana try something new at Southern wok

    Any of you guys recommend anything ?
    I usually order that Stir Fried Beef Rice Noodle.
    not bad.

  2. #52
    (m==)m LMF^^'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Location
    Stretford End
    Posts
    3,779
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Yup Stir Fried Beef is the way to go.

    Is it me or has the size of the dish in Southern Wok become smaller? I remember I used to get a big portion but last week I went it was quite small. Or maybe I was just extra hungry that day.

  3. #53
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    ive been having an affair on butter chicken, her neighbour, pide and chips, taste's so beautiful!

    will try gozleme some day..

  4. #54
    Knuckles Omium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Physics
    Posts
    1,738
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Omie Jay View Post
    ive been having an affair on butter chicken, her neighbour, pide and chips, taste's so beautiful!

    will try gozleme some day..
    I tried buttered chicken and rice.

    It was very nice

    They don't put enough chicken though
    The Three Laws of Thermodynamics:

    First Law: You can't get anything without working for it.
    Second Law: The most you can accomplish is to break even.
    Third Law: You can't break even.

  5. #55
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    there's this white chick who works at that indian place, she seriously drowns all the rice so badly that u can barely see any white.

    not that im complaining

    but yeah, peeday's are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

  6. #56
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    ok, kebab place at matthews food court:

    OJ: "Could i please have a beef kebab"
    Person: "What salads would you like?"
    OJ: "Um, everything [points to everything]"
    Person: "Even cheese?"
    OJ: "Yes please"
    Person: "What sauce would you like?"
    OJ: "Um, tomato sauce, wait, do you have chilli sauce? Yeah i'll have that then, and i'll get a lipton lemon ice tea"
    Person: "[price..]"
    OJ: "um isnt it $10 for kebab and ice tea? Oh wait, cheese, tabouli and hommus is extra, yea"
    Person: "And i didnt charge you for the hommus "



    love food.

  7. #57
    Is in A State Of Trance shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Syd-ney
    Posts
    2,734
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Cheapest 600ml water at uni is at the Quad Chemist. buy the Aqua water for only $1.50

    =]
    NSW UAI - 'o6 - 90.45
    Undergraduate Course - 'o7 - Bachelor of Commerce - UNSW
    'o8 - Usyd Kendo Club

  8. #58
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    or bring an empty drink bottle and fill up from one of the numerous bubblers, preferably the quad, mech eng or the chem science ones since they're really cold.

  9. #59
    Secretive Member missanonymous7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Driving to Idaho
    Posts
    323
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Omie Jay View Post
    ok, kebab place at matthews food court:

    Person: "What salads would you like?"
    OJ: "Um, everything [points to everything]"
    Person: "Even cheese?"
    lol. "I'll have everything, thanks." "Seriously? Even cheese?"

    on a side note, chicken schnitzel rolls at the Quad food court sandwich place = AMAZING. They're like a Power Food or something - one of those at lunch and I don't feel hungry for the rest of the day. impressive.
    B Science (Biological science) @ UNSW

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Retirement Village of Alaska
    Posts
    3,277
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by missanonymous7 View Post
    lol. "I'll have everything, thanks." "Seriously? Even cheese?"

    on a side note, chicken schnitzel rolls at the Quad food court sandwich place = AMAZING. They're like a Power Food or something - one of those at lunch and I don't feel hungry for the rest of the day. impressive.
    ok thanks because the chicken schnitzels at the kebab place seems mediocre

  11. #61
    ~ veloc1ty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Whoa, I don't think anyone mentioned the $3.80 chicken salad rolls at the Pavilions? Easily the best deal I've found on campus, and they apparently used to be even cheaper. :O

  12. #62
    Cadet enthused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by veloc1ty View Post
    Whoa, I don't think anyone mentioned the $3.80 chicken salad rolls at the Pavilions? Easily the best deal I've found on campus, and they apparently used to be even cheaper. :O

    oohh where is this "pavilions" you speak of???

    i went on a campus tour in o-week, and they said they sold the cheapest chicken salad rolls at "points to place which i cant remember"

    =]
    get ready for action!

  13. #63
    erm
    erm is offline
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    438
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by enthused View Post
    oohh where is this "pavilions" you speak of???

    i went on a campus tour in o-week, and they said they sold the cheapest chicken salad rolls at "points to place which i cant remember"

    =]
    near FM assist....on top of matthews food court.

  14. #64
    Cadet enthused's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    ohh, that place that reminds me of a glass house
    i didnt know they actually sold stuff in there, i thought that it was just a seating area...
    get ready for action!

  15. #65
    Hip-Hop Saved My Life sunjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    woollahra
    Posts
    3,066
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Everything on campus is shit.
    BComm (Accounting, Finance) @ UNSW

  16. #66
    ~ veloc1ty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    A few other ideas off-campus:

    1. 85° bakery/cafe. It's just past the petrol station next to McDonalds.
    2. The Pizza Hut on Botany St (less than five minutes walk from the top entrance). Order online so it's ready when you walk in. $6.95 large pizzas all day for UNSW students.
    3. Walk left at the intersection near the hospital to get to a shopping plaza with Coles.

  17. #67
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Mac Donald

  18. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Retirement Village of Alaska
    Posts
    3,277
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    I think the only healthy option on campus is Stockmarket.
    Balsamic vinaigrette dressing is win.
    Try it with your next salad!


    Quote Originally Posted by veloc1ty View Post
    A few other ideas off-campus:

    1. 85° bakery/cafe. It's just past the petrol station next to McDonalds.
    2. The Pizza Hut on Botany St (less than five minutes walk from the top entrance). Order online so it's ready when you walk in. $6.95 large pizzas all day for UNSW students.
    3. Walk left at the intersection near the hospital to get to a shopping plaza with Coles.


    Quote Originally Posted by Omie Jay View Post
    Mac Donald
    :mad1:

    thats all dude?

  19. #69
    Junior Member Miz Janani's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    HSC
    2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    In a very happy place =]
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    I'm planning on coming next year

    So... like what is there for vegetarian? =/
    Stay smiling because the world should be a happy place..




    Procrastination to the maximum >_<

  20. #70
    In 25 words or less tallkid34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    HSC
    2006
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,124
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by veloc1ty View Post
    A few other ideas off-campus:

    1. 85° bakery/cafe. It's just past the petrol station next to McDonalds.
    2. The Pizza Hut on Botany St (less than five minutes walk from the top entrance). Order online so it's ready when you walk in. $6.95 large pizzas all day for UNSW students.
    3. Walk left at the intersection near the hospital to get to a shopping plaza with Coles.
    1. Overrated. I've had one of their cakes once or twice but apart from that, too expensive
    2. I've always known about pizza hut but if you're not on upper campus, the walk isnt worth it.
    3. Same thing as 2.

    There's also the spot if you're up for a long walk or better yet, can drive up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    I think the only healthy option on campus is Stockmarket.
    Balsamic vinaigrette dressing is win.
    Try it with your next salad!
    They make a good caesar salad. Gonna get one when I'm at uni next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Janani View Post
    I'm planning on coming next year

    So... like what is there for vegetarian? =/
    Salad. Either that or air.

  21. #71
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Miz Janani View Post
    I'm planning on coming next year

    So... like what is there for vegetarian? =/
    lots and lots of hot chips

  22. #72
    ~ veloc1ty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by tallkid34 View Post
    1. Overrated. I've had one of their cakes once or twice but apart from that, too expensive.
    2. I've always known about pizza hut but if you're not on upper campus, the walk isnt worth it.
    3. Same thing as 2.
    Fair calls, just thought I'd throw out a few choices for people wondering what there was. I think Coles is easily the best option if you're on upper campus (which I mostly am).

  23. #73
    OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS chewy123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    850
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Omie Jay View Post
    or bring an empty drink bottle and fill up from one of the numerous bubblers, preferably the quad, mech eng or the chem science ones since they're really cold.
    ASB's one is best, icy cold and clean taste. Why quad? those are old and rusty bubblers.
    HSC: English advanced :angry: , English Extension I , Mathematics , Economics, Chemistry , Biology:mad1:

    UNSW'13 - Bachelor of Law/Bachelor of Midwifery

  24. #74
    gone
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    HSC
    2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    in my own pants
    Posts
    6,682
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    by quad i mean the quad food court, and because those bubblers are cold.

    but the coldest ones i've come across are in chem science and in the physics building.

  25. #75
    ~ veloc1ty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    HSC
    2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,414
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: UNSW Food Guide

    The bubbler behind the Physics Theatre is my fav, and I've sampled them all. <3

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •