UNSW Food Guide (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
This is a general UNSW guide to all things concerning food on campus.

This guide is largely meant to undercut Omie Jay's original food thread. :)

KFC / Subway / Mcdonalds / Oporto's

gman03 said:
If you continue to walk up High Street you will reach randwick centre. There are KFC, Subway and various resturant around there. Food will still cost you about 7-8 bucks.

Next is locate McDonalds on Barker Street. Turn left on Anzac parade. Walk along that road will bring you to some chinese/japanese/indo restuarants + oporto.

Explore these two areas.</SPAN>
Upper Campus

(Located near library)

There are numerous places you can eat :

1) Thai place; Hokkien Noodles, Singaporean Noodles, Rice, Chicken
A large packet of Hokkien Noodles will set you back $6 here but its pretty good.

2) Indian place: All things Indian

3) Kebab place: Everything you expect in an ordinary kebab shop, they sell schnitzel as well, sometimes there are some pretty good deals.

4) Sushi place: If Sushi tickles your fancy, there is a store completely dedicated to sushi

5) Random place: There is a store towards the medical end of the the food court that sells muffins, burgers, sandwhiches etc It seems pretty expensive though so i never buy there.

Middle campus

This is the Quad Food court

(Located near the Co-op Bookshop)

1) Thai place: Absolutely stunning thai food, takes around 3mins to make. Costs $8.50

2) Burger/Kebab place: Sells Wedges, burgers, kebabs.

3) Sushi place: All things sushi

4) Sandwhich place: Wide variety of sandwitches

Lower Campus

(Other side of the roundhouse)

Pretty sub-par food here, They sell some spaghetti and other food, but very disappointing in my opinion.

(If someone could provide more insight here it would be welcomed)

NOTE: Campus food is usually more expensive than the fast food restaurant food.

Last edited:

erm

HSC
Another helpful thread by omium.

Thanks! :D

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
You suck omium.

Good thread. You must've got the idea from a particularly awesome individual!

Oh yeah, and u get free meal upgrades at the maccas next to uni, just flash em ur student id card and enjoy a free upsize.

edit: and u made some typos:
3) Sushi place: All thins sushi

4) Sandwhich place: Wide variety of sandwhiches

Last edited:
HSC
usually go home to eat but my picks are:

- expensive but yummy cafe overlooking university mall and science square

- vietnamese/pho place that sells amazing pork rolls (but i like the chicken ones)

- sushi somewhere in matthews arcade/pavillions

- kebabs in roundhouse

otherwise good thai alison/belmore rd and even better sushi joint.

can't beat a run across the road to maccas for a mcflurry during group assignment time though.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
try walking along anzac towards central direction for OLE or Portogali. awesome burgers!

wow!

HSC
N/A
Hey! Can someone tell me if the Maccas directly next to the cricket/soccer oval is the Kingsford mcdonald's?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes it is, try not to get served by the oldish indian woman, she made a big deal (and talked to the manager) about giving me an upsized meal, coz i was 5c down.
Ever since then my fries are thrown in upside down, "here u go, next", and she loves taking her time, strolling to the burgers, making sure theres some coke spilling down the side of the drink so my hands can get sticky, strolling over to the fries, damn bitch.

Last edited:

danield

HSC
yes it is, try not to get served by the oldish indian woman, she made a big deal (and talked to the manager) about giving me an upsized meal, coz i was 5c down.
Ever since then my fries are thrown in upside down, "here u go, next", and she loves taking her time, strolling to the burgers, making sure theres some coke spilling down the side of the drink so my hands can get sticky, strolling over to the fries, damn bitch.
lmao, she's an iconic figure for that maccas, always see her there taking her sweet as time to annoy people

08er

HSC
lol at indian woman, ill be sure to look for her

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
How far up high street is the Randwick Centre? Im looking for it on google maps, along high street once u pass the uni u come across Prince of Wales hospital, then high street ends. Is Randwick Centre before or after the hospital?

Help a brother out, i wants kfc.. :eek:

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
Its actually on belmore rd. Turn left at the end of high st, or cut through clara st (tis quicker)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
motherf...why did it take me till 4th year to find out about the kfc store?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
ahaha, poor u, but it looks like quite a trek, probably not worth going when theres jewel of india down that end of uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)