The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR QUESTIONS. (1 Viewer)

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
The Thread for ALL FIRST YEAR RELATED QUESTIONS.

This thread is intended for ALL first year related questions.

Ask it in here and people will try answer it :)

Last edited:

sturmeh

HSC
Is there ANYWHERE within 1km you can eat for less than $5? :p

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Is there ANYWHERE within 1km you can eat for less than $5? :p
You can get some a small container of hokkien noodles / singaporean noodles / rice for $5.

Hot chips for <$5 lol.

You could buy 2 cheesburgers + a cone ice-cream from maccas and still have over 50c left to spare.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
A very big man calls out "Firs' years ov'r 'ere", then you get sorted by the UAC hat into your four houses: Griffengineeringdor, Huffleparts, Scienclaw, and Slytherlaw, depending on your likes, dislikes, and race.
The head of the uni, Professor Fred Percival Wulfric Brian Hilmerdore then normally gives a speech, before our first dinner, afterwards we each have to pay $20 for that dinner, because food is so expensive.

Last edited:

shinn

HSC
Where do they sell the 3.80$ chicken roll that I heard people speak about..?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
I think its next to the portrait of Edward the Smarmy, theres a corridor with paintings of fruit, look for a pear, then lightly tickle it, after which a doorhandle appears (touch sensitivity technology created from the CSE and Mech Eng department) then you enter the kitchens where you can get as many chicken rolls you want, at a low price of $3.80.

Mumma

HSC
If my memory is right, you can get those delicious chicken rolls from inside the round house (near the back), where the pool tables are. Its an asian place. The chunky chicken rolls are well worth the $5. Mmmmm... the ingredients they put in there are pretty fresh from what I can tell, apart from the strange spreads they use. I still don't know what they are, but who cares.

I also like the $5 cheese burgers from the Quad, the ones that come in the red box. If I feel like spending a bit more money and I want a good feed, a large butter chicken from the Indian place in Mathews is fantastic. That stuff keeps me full for AGES. Don't forget the naan!

erm

HSC
Where do they sell the 3.80$ chicken roll that I heard people speak about..?
yes haha this must be famous. I heard about it too....can any veterans shed some light on this?

HSC
On a srs note, where/how can i get to the highest/tallest part of UNSW, an excellent view would be awesome

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
level 7-9 of the library.

using the elevators at the back of the library gets you to level 10 and 11, which has an awesome view overlooking the racecourse iirc

08er

HSC
I think its next to the portrait of Edward the Smarmy, theres a corridor with paintings of fruit, look for a pear, then lightly tickle it, after which a doorhandle appears (touch sensitivity technology created from the CSE and Mech Eng department) then you enter the kitchens where you can get as many chicken rolls you want, at a low price of $3.80.
i think you're talking about usyd

Uncle

Banned
HSC

This is all my textbooks after 1st year and it doesn't even include course notes.

2nd year and above engineering students try and pick out which textbook belongs to which subject if you are bored.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i think i had 8 textbooks as well for first year

Madge10

HSC
Help me with posting a new thread someone!!

can someone please tell me how to post a new thread. I honestly can not figre it out.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC

This is all my textbooks after 1st year and it doesn't even include course notes.

2nd year and above engineering students try and pick out which textbook belongs to which subject if you are bored.

Ahhh, i only had 2 textbooks for all of first year.

I already have 4 for second year. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)