1 hr - 2 hr commute. Travelpass? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Hey everyone,

I get to uni via. two alternative ways:

1. Bus from Baulkham Hills to Westmead Station -> Train from Westmead Station to Central -> Bus from Eddy Avenue to UNSW. (Bus->Train->Bus)
2. Car from Baulkham Hills to Seven Hills Station (rarely) -> Train from Seven Hills Station to Central -> Bus from Eddy Avenue to UNSW. (Car->Train->Bus)

Is it worth buying the travel pass or not? If so, how would I be able to purchase it? Would I be saving money instead of buying it through concession? I'm at uni 3 days a week.

Thanks.

Freud

HSC
p sure you can get a travel pass on concession.

you'll need to work out how much it all is. usually 4 or more days a week makes a travel pass worthwhile. idk about 3 though.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
You can buy a travel pass through concession and you buy them at the train station, I think the one at Seven Hills costs around $28.

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
You'll have to calculate it, but as others said, 3 days/week is generally not worth travelpass..so yeh.

ColdBuffet

HSC
Hey everyone,

I get to uni via. two alternative ways:

1. Bus from Baulkham Hills to Westmead Station -> Train from Westmead Station to Central -> Bus from Eddy Avenue to UNSW. (Bus->Train->Bus)
2. Car from Baulkham Hills to Seven Hills Station (rarely) -> Train from Seven Hills Station to Central -> Bus from Eddy Avenue to UNSW. (Car->Train->Bus)

Is it worth buying the travel pass or not? If so, how would I be able to purchase it? Would I be saving money instead of buying it through concession? I'm at uni 3 days a week.

Thanks.
Why don't you catch 610 from Baulko to city and and bus from city to UNSW?

lychnobity

HSC

Thanks.
As current, travelpass iirc is roughly $28

ie about $9.30 per day

idk how much you spend per day, so if anything, use that as a way of comparing the cost

ct92

HSC
The TravelPass option has the added advantage of allowing you to travel around on your days off, as well. So if you use public transport to get to work or wherever else you go, you should take that into account as well.

Tim035

HSC
I get an orange weekly concession for $22, otherwise a concession bus tripper is $6.50, so you need to be going 4x or more a week for the weekly to be better value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)