1/3/2004 first day at uni (1 Viewer)

milktea

hay guys, i was wondering what will happen on the first day (which is next monday), do we just follow our timetable and go to the lectures straight away or is there some other activities??? by the way, are we going to have a buddy????

sunny

meh.
HSC
You just go to the lectures. The fun tends to stop for abit after o-week when you have to work :D

mp3mojo

should i assume there's no labs & tuts for all courses? because for one of my subjects (comp2041), the tut & lab is before my 1st lecture...

thnx

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by mp3mojo
should i assume there's no labs & tuts for all courses? because for one of my subjects (comp2041), the tut & lab is before my 1st lecture...

thnx
As Asqy said before, there are usually no tutes or labs in most subjects in first week. Double check on the course webpage.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
umm another thing, do they specify that we have to buy certain exercise books for tutes/lab, or is personal preference? (so i can go on a shopping spree at officeworks =P)

sunny

meh.
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
umm another thing, do they specify that we have to buy certain exercise books for tutes/lab, or is personal preference? (so i can go on a shopping spree at officeworks =P)
Its a personal preference. For some labs like physics where you write up reports, they might specify a report book (ie, lined page, then grid/blank page).

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
excellent

/me goes out to buy some hello kitty books

i joke. its just that i have certain systems and i like to use certain books cos i feel more comfortable writing in them etc.

now to the real fun stuff - working out a colour coding system for my notes! (yeah its sad but i find this fun)

gman03

HSC
I wonder what I will do in my first physics tutorial on tuesday morning. The first lecture only happen 2 hours later.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by gman03
I wonder what I will do in my first physics tutorial on tuesday morning. The first lecture only happen 2 hours later.
well u prolly not gonna have your "first tut." bfore your "first lecture" since most tutes are cancelled for week one. :D

gman03

HSC
i would like that except on the physics' website they said to attend tutorial on week 1.

Quote "In Week 1 of Session 1, 2004 YOU MUST GO TO THE TUTORIALS AT THE TIMES ALLOCATED ON YOUR TIMETABLE.
In Week 1 go to your tutorial room at the time/room no. given on your timetable." blah blah

Can't imagine only myself in the tutorial room for the first day. Freakin' embarassing :p

On the other hand, maths and elec1010's tutorial's are defintely not on, which is kinda good cuz that's mean i only need to attend 2 hours for thrusday!! Wait a minute, it takes me 2 hours to travel to and from UNSW.... assuming no train cancellations on the first week of Uni.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Wow babydoll, you could probably sell your notes next year. Lol!

In some subjects they want you to start your tuts uber-early cause they're crazy mofos (physics? i rest my case.)

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
I wonder what I will do in my first physics tutorial on tuesday morning.
I remember my first physics tutorial (PHYS1131), basically it was all revising Yr 11 motion stuff. Nothing too stressfull... yet!!

Eeko

Banned
cant believe I'm payin so much money jus to learn high school stuff again

@lbert3269

So there's absolutely NO tutorials during our first week of uni ? I'm not really sure cause :
TUTORIAL in QUAD G025 . Monday of all weeks, 1400 to 1530 (cls 08 B)
The "all" bit.. doesn't that include week 1 as well ?

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by @lbert3269
So there's absolutely NO tutorials during our first week of uni ? I'm not really sure cause :

For commerce? No, not normally ...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Originally posted by @lbert3269
After looking at my own course website (on WebCT) I notice that the course outline tells me that I have no tutorial in the first week. I suggest checking this to be sure, and also too see if you are meant to have read anything by the first lecture (apparently I should have read 2 chapters by the first lecture ...)

t-i-m-m-y

HSC
from what i know

BIOS1201 has a lab in first week for those of u who know; u need a lab coat (although they will let ya off first week)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)