UNSW AAA scholarship question -Law (1 Viewer)

hayhay2012

HSC
Hi everyone, if someone gets AAA scholarship, can they get the 5 bonus points towards a combined law degree at UNSW? It seems strange that they would only need 94.65...

madharris

HSC
N/A
I think there's certain courses that they don't allow bonus points for.
One of these is combined law I'm pretty sure.
However I might be completely wrong, you should email them and ask

hayhay2012

HSC
I think there's certain courses that they don't allow bonus points for.
One of these is combined law I'm pretty sure.
However I might be completely wrong, you should email them and ask
On the website it says all degrees except medicine and optometry. I just find it so strange that law could be eligible for this program! Anyway ill email them and let you know what they reply with. Meanwhile people share any stories about aaa And law :)

RishBonjour

HSC
you can do combined law. its basically everything other than med.
fml. just missed out on AAA.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
On the website it says all degrees except medicine and optometry. I just find it so strange that law could be eligible for this program! Anyway ill email them and let you know what they reply with. Meanwhile people share any stories about aaa And law :)
It works.

hayhay2012

HSC
So you guys are saying if I get 94.65, whilst holding the aaa scholarship, I am guaranteed entry into unsw commerce/law? :D

deswa1

HSC
So you guys are saying if I get 94.65, whilst holding the aaa scholarship, I am guaranteed entry into unsw commerce/law? :D
Yep. I don't think the system should be like that because 5 points is WAY too many imo but yeah that's how it is atm. Congrats :)

hayhay2012

HSC
Yep. I don't think the system should be like that because 5 points is WAY too many imo but yeah that's how it is atm. Congrats :)
I agree! My friend from a top selective school didnt get into that degree with a 99.55 and I from an average school could get in with a much lower atar

hayhay2012

HSC
But wow I'm over the moon right now !! Words can't describe my relief/happiness

kenkap

HSC
just a query- say if you are successful in getting any course at UNSW, do they like pay you $4000 in your bank, or they just give you kind of a "discount" and reduce the fees???

barbernator

HSC
just a query- say if you are successful in getting any course at UNSW, do they like pay you $4000 in your bank, or they just give you kind of a "discount" and reduce the fees???
straight up $4000

maratyeu

HSC
N/A
I agree! My friend from a top selective school didnt get into that degree with a 99.55 and I from an average school could get in with a much lower atar
Is it unfair?

The AAA only goes to 1 person/school given that there ~900 schools and arguably only a small portion of those will have students who get enough with the added points to get into a school such as Com/Law. Even then not everyone wants to do Com/Law.

Additionally I doubt many schools even send in an application for this given their academic performances.

I think this type of program is great for high performing students who don't have as many resources available to them as say the selective school kid.

kenkap

HSC
Is it unfair?

The AAA only goes to 1 person/school given that there ~900 schools and arguably only a small portion of those will have students who get enough with the added points to get into a school such as Com/Law. Even then not everyone wants to do Com/Law.

Additionally I doubt many schools even send in an application for this given their academic performances.

I think this type of program is great for high performing students who don't have as many resources available to them as say the selective school kid.
i agree...+1

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
I believe i will also be participating in this shady entry to com/law :)

scarvesss

howdy doo
HSC
generally people that are going for comm/law in a lower school still will most likely get 97+ already because you need the top ranks to get the scholarship in the first place. so really they are only getting a couple of bonus points in a majority of cases

inJust

HSC
I got it as well! Hi 5 guys. We should make like a AAA group on fb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)