Transferring (1 Viewer)

Ricktatorship

HSC
Just a quick question on transferring between courses, say you are a econ student and you want to transfer into commerce after 1 year. Would you go into the cohort that was starting commence the year you transferred, or into the cohort that was on their second year of commerce? Are there situations where you would have to join the new cohort? Hope the question is clear enough, thanks.

D94

HSC
N/A
You follow the plan (i.e. the guideline of courses you need to complete) of the year you began, so if you started uni in 2014, even if you transfer in 2015, you follow the 2014 plan. So you would technically be a second year student, although you may have some first year courses to complete.

However, there aren't really "cohorts" as such like in high school. I could be a 4th year student completing a 1st year elective. I could be a 3rd year student completing a 2nd year course. You just do the courses necessary for your degree. My friends could have finished 3rd year engineering whilst I'm still completing 2nd year because I decided to do my science degree courses first etc.

Although I'm sure there are some courses which overlap, you won't need to start completely afresh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)