UNSW Economics to Commerce - enrollment pattern (1 Viewer)

YeastLord

HSC
N/A
I am starting an economics degree next year, however I wish to study commerce, so I am hoping to transfer after 1st year. Would it be advisable to follow the enrollment pattern of commerce and chose mgmt1001 as my first semester elective so as to limit the difference between the courses and reduce the amount of catch up required if I do succeed in transferring. Currently I am enrolled in 3/4 of the commerce core subjects (as required by economics) and fins1613 (elective - I want to major in finance). I also think doing this would be easier, helping my chances of transfer.
What do you think?

Thank you

HSC
Think it just depends on your marks more than anything.

In this case you'd need a D average, which is very realistic for first year courses provided you keep up and give it your best.

They might take half your UAI/ATAR into account, but not sure if they still use this.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
if you're hoping for a transfer, just enrol in subjects you think you'll do well in and is also offered in commerce

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It's all about choosing the right subjects so that you can maximise your WAM for a transfer. I feel like MGMT1001 is a WAM killer.

HSC
WAM killers are courses that have dodgy group assignments/criteria/concepts whatever that make it hard for you to achieve a high mark.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
You either do well or do bad in MGMT1001

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)