underfilled tutorials (1 Viewer)

packwolf

HSC
I have enrolled in a tute that currently only has 5/25 places filled and the only other tute for that subject that fits my timetable has 23/25 enrolled. My concern is unsw may cancel a a tute if not enough people fill the class. Is this likely? should i change to the tute with 23 enrolled?

D94

HSC
N/A
Enrolment ends in like March next year. A lot could happen over the break; those who are transferring to your program may be picking up that course, those who failed a subject will have to un-enrol, those who are in the 23/25 tute may move over to the 5/25 tute, etc.

I would just enrol into whichever one works best for your timetable. If you're required to move, then they will let you know. I don't believe they would stop you from enrolling into the course though, especially if it's a core or only offered in Sem 1, or it's a prerequisite.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
I have enrolled in a tute that currently only has 5/25 places filled and the only other tute for that subject that fits my timetable has 23/25 enrolled. My concern is unsw may cancel a a tute if not enough people fill the class. Is this likely? should i change to the tute with 23 enrolled?
you don't need to worry, even if they cancel it, they'll move you into the other one. however if this screws up your free day thats another story.

ct92

HSC
I've been in a tutorial with only about seven people before, so it may well be run. If you're really concerned, you could email the lecturer, but they'll probably contact you if there's a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)