Double Degree vs Single + master (1 Viewer)

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hi, I was planning to go for a double degree consisting of engineering and commerce at UNSW, however this is 5.5 years.

Would it be better to get a single degree in engineering then work for a couple of years then do a master degree relating to commerce?

Please give me your thoughts guys =)

htp368

HSC
Oh that degree? Yeah i know a few people who are doing the same degree as you. 5.5 years is a long time. If you really want to reduce time, you can study commerce courses in the summer but you have to pay the fees yourself (if you are doing commerce).

Another option is you can do the 2nd part of maths in the summer (math1231) to reduce it by a bit as well. You can use hecs for this course i think.

Beware: Summer courses go in express, intense mode. It is half a normal semester for commerce courses, and 2/3 of a normal semester for the maths course.

A second option is to overload in second year. This will be really hard though, as this means more workload. You want to maximise the marks so i do not recommend this.

htp368

HSC
So for now, in first year, here is my suggestion;
Semester 1:
ENGG1000
MATH1131(or PHYS1121)
+ 2 commerce courses

Semester 2:
PHYS1121 (or MATH1131)
ENGG1811/COMP1911/COMP1917 (pick one)
+ 2 commerce courses

Summer:
MATH1231 + if you want to pay, a commerce course

Sorry for the double post. You do not have to use this plan, as long as you do this in 5.5 years. But first year courses are usually prerequisites for higher courses. Sorry if you do not understand, i might clarify this better. Beware: this is flexible first year engineering. For majors, there might be other courses that you have to do in 1st year.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Can you give me your thoughts on the engineering + commerce master?

htp368

HSC
I cant really tell you (I have only finished 1 year at UNSW)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi, I was planning to go for a double degree consisting of engineering and commerce at UNSW, however this is 5.5 years.

Would it be better to get a single degree in engineering then work for a couple of years then do a master degree relating to commerce?

Please give me your thoughts guys =)
I'd rather do the double degree for less hassle - and if you don't like one of them, you can drop one of them straight away.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
what happens to the fees if I happen to drop one of the degrees?

htp368

HSC
Your fees will be calculated by the courses you do. The courses make up your degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)