Dropping dual degrees to a single? (1 Viewer)

Validity

HSC
So i've put down some double degrees as preferences and i was wondering if we could drop one of them at any time?
For eg. B commerce/engineering , can i just drop engineering if i don't like it or do i have to 'transfer' to a Bcom course? because i realised the atar cut-offs are the same as the single commerce degree.
If this is allowed, is there a fee i'd have to pay?

Thank you

megaman64

HSC
do you have to pay more if you do a double degree as a opposed to a single degree?

D94

HSC
N/A
do you have to pay more if you do a double degree as a opposed to a single degree?
You could be doing a quadruple degree, but that's irrelevant, you pay for the courses you choose.

Last edited:

Accuracy

HSC
N/A
so is kaz being serious or trolling for being able to drop from dual to single?

D94

HSC
N/A
so is kaz being serious or trolling for being able to drop from dual to single?
For any Engineering dual award degree, you can drop your second degree without needing to transfer, as it's managed by the Faculty of Engineering. However, in this case, I believe you need to transfer to Commerce since the dual award program isn't run by the ASB. (either way, it will be best to discuss this with the relevant faculties as they will provide the most reliable answer)

Last edited:

Validity

HSC
i emailed UNSW and they said that i can just drop science if i do Bcom/sci without transferring? i am baffled.

D94

HSC
N/A
i emailed UNSW and they said that i can just drop science if i do Bcom/sci without transferring? i am baffled.
Which confirms what I said. Commerce/science is run by the ASB so you don't need to transfer to Commerce since the degree you're dropping is not from the ASB. However, if you want to drop commerce, I believe you will need to transfer to science since you're moving program authorities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)