Language Placement Test? (1 Viewer)

Kickass_Dude

HSC
N/A
I am a 1st year science student who is hoping to do Japanese with some of my free electives. After looking through the handbook, I decided to enroll in ARTS1632, (Introductory Japanese A for HSC Beginners) I didn't do Beginners, I attempted continuers but dropped out in year 11. I believe that this would be the most appropriate course to do based on my proficiency and I have read over the Beginners Syllabus and previous HSC exams.

Anyway, after I enrolled in the course, I headed on over to the International Schools website and noticed all these 'Placement Guidelines' here involving a lengthy questionnaire
http://intlstudies.arts.unsw.edu.au/placement-procedures/japanese/
Seeing as I already successfully enrolled (or believe that I did) does this not apply to me, or is there a loophole in the system and I will be forced to take the questionnaire anyway once it is fixed?

The course isn't very big and I don't want to lose my spot

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uni is uni, no one is there to hold your hand. That quiz is designed for you to figure out what's most appropriate for you.

You can enrol in whatever you want - there's no loophole. I'd suggest doing the quiz anyway just to make sure you don't find yourself in either a piss-easy class where you don't learn anything, or are in way over your head.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)