1st Year Engineering WAM booster subjects (1 Viewer)

BOS110

HSC
Hi guys I am currently studying engineering, I want to transfer to Commerce/Engineering, which requires a minimum of 36 completed UOC and a WAM of 75 for internal transfer, can anyone please give some advise for which are the relatively easy subjects from the list below and the link?

COMP1927 Computing 2 (6 UOC)
ENGG1000 Engineering Design (6 UOC)
MATH1231 Mathematics 1B (6 UOC)
ELEC1111 Elec & Telecomm Eng (6 UOC)

The link below is the first year elective subjects.
http://www.eng.unsw.edu.au/information-for/current-students/undergraduates/1st-years/electives

Thanks.

D94

HSC
N/A
ENGG1000 is easy, but it's group work so there's no telling how you will go...

MATH1231 is pretty easy, but I'm not sure if the marks are capped since there's MATH1241.

I would not recommend COMP1927 or ELEC1111 if your pure goal is to boost your WAM. (unless you did very well in COMP1917)

However, if you are studying engineering, you should be following a plan based on your major, so I don't understand why you are asking which subjects to do... Which major have you chosen?

BOS110

HSC
Hi D94, i am currently studying computer engineering so that why I've listed COMP1927 there because its compulsory... :S, I tried to follow the program' strucutre but because I am planning to switch to either computer science or software engineering with a commerce degree in next semester so I know the strucutre for next semester will be messed up a bit. The purpose for next semester is purely to boost the WAM to maximize the chance of getting into there. :shoot:

D94

HSC
N/A
I see. You should do COMP, MATH and ENGG because they are core in the 3 degree options you've listed. I can assure you that if you don't do your cores early, especially the ones which are prerequisites, you'll mess up your subjects in later years because some subjects may only be offered in a certain semester. As for the other subject, you could do MATH1081 if you like maths, and I think it's a recommended elective in Comp Sci and Software.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Engg1000 is the only easy one of those.

BOS110

HSC
@D94, I am not a big fan of maths so for next semester it is very likely that Ill pick ENGG1000 COMP1917 and MATH1231 :D
Thanks for all the advises guys!:haha:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)