UNSW Chit Chat Thread 2014 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Welcome back to the continuing UNSWers, and a special greeting to the new faces.

For those who don't know this thread serves as a general discussion thread for UNSW students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Hope you all have a successful year,

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Let's get the ball rolling.

What do you like about unsw and what do you think it will be like?

Personally, I like all the new buildings/modern stuff/the lectures and I think it will be nothing like high school

crazy_paki123

HSC
do we have to accept the offer straight away and enrol, or could we accept the offer and then reject it later? if that makes sense

HSC
Uni Grad

Personally, I like all the new buildings/modern stuff/the lectures and I think it will be nothing like high school
UNSW = less political compared with USYD, more friendlier.

Also the clubs and societies :D

crazy_paki123

HSC
can someone please give me pros to why i should transfer to UNSW from Mac Uni? Cause im really undecided atm

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
Will I be able to survive working full time and doing part-time evening classes? I'm so nervous!

I don't even know how to get from Wynyard to UNSW :( I'm so terrible with public transport.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

I like the atmosphere, personally. It's a pretty chill place. As an Arts student, I have to do one hour of lounging about on grass - it's a degree requierment - and the groundskeepers really keep the Quad Lawn in tip top shape which is gr8 for lying down and lounging about.

can someone please give me pros to why i should transfer to UNSW from Mac Uni? Cause im really undecided atm
UNSW is pro

nuff said

(what are you transferring from/to)

I don't even know how to get from Wynyard to UNSW :( I'm so terrible with public transport.
Train to Central.
Bus from Central to UNSW, any 39x bus or take the 891 express.

You'll get the hang of it by Week 2.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Will I be able to survive working full time and doing part-time evening classes? I'm so nervous!

Go to central (by train), and then go towards eddy avenue and catch the 391, 393, M10 or M50 to UNSW from stand D. There were more buses but I can't remember

PS - can someone clarify, are the unsw buses ment to be free?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The buses aren't free. They are normal sydney buses. You do get student concession though.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Go to central (by train), and then go towards eddy avenue and catch the 391, 393, M10 or M50 to UNSW from stand D. There were more buses but I can't remember

M10 or M50 don't usually pass through there (i.e. Eddy Avenue)... but sometimes they do, for some reason.

And no they're not free, you have to pre-pay tickets. The only time buses are free are like for Open Days and stuff.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Awwww. Could have saved $100's on bus fare. I remember reading in one of the UNSW pamphlets that there are over 1700 free express buses that travel to unsw, clearly I have been mislead. Still, don't doubt the new south (do people actually say this?$

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC

Thanks!

My transport costs are really going to add up ._. having to catch the train everyday to work, the train to central and bus to UNSW and back...

peri24

HSC

gurl my fwend is studin nd waz abel 2 cope wid part time studii nd full time work. jus keep up wit da work nd u be fine.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks!

My transport costs are really going to add up ._. having to catch the train everyday to work, the train to central and bus to UNSW and back...
Yeah I estimated transport to cost $27 for mymulti 2 x ~40 weeks = ~$1000

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Awwww. Could have saved $100's on bus fare. I remember reading in one of the UNSW pamphlets that there are over 1700 free express buses that travel to unsw, clearly I have been mislead. Still, don't doubt the new south (do people actually say this?$
Can you get that quote in context? I've heard about that before from here but I don't know if it's true.

Thanks!

myMulti it bro

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Can you get that quote in context? I've heard about that before from here but I don't know if it's true.
I heard it on Weldon 'UNSW' Chau (not sure with spelling), it seemed like a legit thing. Better than "never stand still" lol

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks!

how many subjects are you doing? If you're doing 2 you can't get student concession for travel.

but if you are doing 2 subjects, enrol in 3 subjects, get the student concession from fm assist and then immediately unenrol from the third subject

InsoulvencyReaper

Existential Crisis
HSC
how many subjects are you doing? If you're doing 2 you can't get student concession for travel.

but if you are doing 2 subjects, enrol in 3 subjects, get the student concession from fm assist and then immediately unenrol from the third subject
I'm doing a paid traineeship at work, mainly because they were concerned about my travel costs. So it's all good, I'm getting a concession card for that :) Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)