Should I drop a course I can't be bothered with before April 20?? Academic penalty (1 Viewer)

study12345

HSC
I got an email that I can still withdraw from a course losing money of course
But it won't appear on transcript?
I'm hating and struggling in law
I'm not a law person and I'm planning to drop to a single degree next semester anyways
What do you think?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Should I drop a course I can't be bothered with before April 20?? Academic penalt

Do u have ideas what your marks are gonna be like

study12345

HSC
Re: Should I drop a course I can't be bothered with before April 20?? Academic penalt

First assignment was a pass but that's when I was still trying

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Imo, drop it. If its something you dont like then why do it? The money you would loose would be around ~$1K and you'll pay this off later

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad

do u think you will pursue a career in legal industry? if not, drop it

study12345

HSC

So how would this appear on my record? I think it's the right thing to
Do

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Like you said before, you have until 20th to drop with financial penalty but without academic penalty. So I would assume that it wil not appear on your transcript

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

Also (I'm assuming you're full time student) so you are not able to enrol into anything else so you'll be doing 3 subjects this semester. You'll have to a subject in the summer to finish your degree "on time". To drop, go to myUNSW > Vary enrolment > Drop whatever

HSC
N/A

There are only a few subjects that are available in the summer though

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

There are only a few subjects that are available in the summer though
Yes there are but this is where you have to plan. Look at what subjects you have to do that are and aren't available in the summer and do the ones thy aren't available in the summer during semester 1/2 and the ones that are during the summer. Alternatively, OP, you said you want to drop to a single degree, so maybe keep it as a gen ed course?

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad

you said you want to drop to a single degree, so maybe keep it as a gen ed course?
OP is worrying about LAWS1052 dragging his/her WAM

madharris

HSC
N/A

If you withdraw now, it will appear on your transcript as a DNF
- however it doesn't affect your WAM/GPA

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad

OP is worrying about LAWS1052 dragging his/her WAM
it doesn't seem so bad: https://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/courses/2014/LAWS1052.html

before you sit the final exam you've already done 60% and most of it is easy marks. But then again if you don't like it (in fact absolutely hate it) the do not do it. It would probably be too late to change courses (since we're already in week 7/8). Maybe stick it out for another 2 months and never touch it again OP?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)