UNSW Coop 2014 + general questions (1 Viewer)

dyjs

HSC
hi can we start a thread for the 2014 unsw coop program. or is there already a thread running?

anyways can anyone shed light onto the chances of me getting an interview for finance and banking Coop. what generally was the atar requirement for last years cohort for the people who got an interview for finance and banking. ive heard that unless ur atar is 99.4+ then your chances of interview let alone the actual scholorship is slim to none.

does any one know the atars of people who got finance and banking interviews last year?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
ATAR means nothing. As long as you have the min requirement thats all that matters.

The rest pends on ECs

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Btw. Interview occurs before ATAR is released. So yeaaaaaaaa

photastic

HSC
hi can we start a thread for the 2014 unsw coop program. or is there already a thread running?

anyways can anyone shed light onto the chances of me getting an interview for finance and banking Coop. what generally was the atar requirement for last years cohort for the people who got an interview for finance and banking. ive heard that unless ur atar is 99.4+ then your chances of interview let alone the actual scholorship is slim to none.

does any one know the atars of people who got finance and banking interviews last year?
I believe interviews are held during november before the atar results come out. You will get a conditional offer if you passed the interview. This is what I was told at the open day.

dyjs

HSC
the thing is for school assessments they submit ur atar estimates... and finance being the most competitive, they must take that account?

anyways what was ur atar estimate oblivious ninja? u got the interview im guesiing?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
the thing is for school assessments they submit ur atar estimates... and finance being the most competitive, they must take that account?

anyways what was ur atar estimate oblivious ninja? u got the interview im guesiing?
I can't quite remember what my co-ordinator submitted, I think somewhere around mid 90s.

Yes I got an interview, but I didn't perform as well as I would have liked, which meant I didn't end up getting a conditional offer, only a short list offer.

mreditor16

HSC
I can't quite remember what my co-ordinator submitted, I think somewhere around mid 90s.

Yes I got an interview, but I didn't perform as well as I would have liked, which meant I didn't end up getting a conditional offer, only a short list offer.
what's the difference?? :O

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes. The 3 outcomes after an interview are:

- Conditional (in if you meet ATAR requirements)
- Short-listed (reserve list to be called up if conditional people decline offer, do not make ATAR, new positions open up if coops drop out later on or new sponsors are taken on board)
- Unsuccessful

mreditor16

HSC
Yes. The 3 outcomes after an interview are:

- Conditional (in if you meet ATAR requirements)
- Short-listed (reserve list to be called up if conditional people decline offer, do not make ATAR, new positions open up if coops drop out later on or new sponsors are taken on board)
- Unsuccessful
oh okay! :D

so, no-one gets a guaranteed offer? :O not even someone with atar estimate of like 99.95.

mreditor16

HSC
No, because you need to meet the ATAR requirement, and at that stage, you do not have an ATAR yet.
but as long as you're on track for above the atar requirement and you do achieve it, the conditional offer is basically a guaranteed offer, no? :O

mreditor16

HSC
can anyone give an insight into what is involved with the interview briefing day (the day before interviews)? What is it like?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)