UNSW AAA Award (1 Viewer)

snipez264

Mathlete
HSC
Is the scholarship for the highest atar student who has elected to go to unsw or is it the one with the highest atar but hasn't choose unsw as a preference

omni16

HSC
Can the scholarship also be awarded to gap year students, if they got the highest ATAR in their year?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Umm what.

Your school has to nominate you (this should have been done about 2 months ago now as the closing date to nominate a student if I recall correctly is some time just before all HSC exams are completed) and if you accept an offer to go to UNSW then you get the $4000.

Also, if you are 3 points within your UNSW preferences (not 100% sure but I think it is after all other bonus points are applied provided you have not exceeded 2 other bonus points for extra curricular activities (maximum of 5 applies)) then you are eligible for the offered program which was your highest preference on the list from UNSW.

Do note that you must not receive an offer from any other uni higher up on your preference list (makes sense because then you wouldn't receive the offer to study at UNSW that way for the main round).

lolwot

HSC
Umm what.

Your school has to nominate you (this should have been done about 2 months ago now as the closing date to nominate a student if I recall correctly is some time just before all HSC exams are completed) and if you accept an offer to go to UNSW then you get the $4000.

Also, if you are 3 points within your UNSW preferences (not 100% sure but I think it is after all other bonus points are applied provided you have not exceeded 2 other bonus points for extra curricular activities (maximum of 5 applies)) then you are eligible for the offered program which was your highest preference on the list from UNSW.

Do note that you must not receive an offer from any other uni higher up on your preference list (makes sense because then you wouldn't receive the offer to study at UNSW that way for the main round).
Looking here: https://scholarships.online.unsw.ed...holarship_details?p_scholarship_specific_id=1 they seemed to have removed the nomination part

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You are correct. They changed it for this year onwards:

UNSW Scholarships said:
THERE IS NO NOMINATION OR APPLICATION REQUIRED

AAA offers will be made by UNSW to students that achieve the highest ATAR (not including bonus points) at eligible NSW and ACT high schools and accept an offer and enrol at UNSW in a full-time Undergraduate program.
Quite surprised they changed the specification actually.

420YOLOSWAG

HSC
I received an email with AAA offer today, 23rd, so they should come to people soon i presume. Dunno whether to take tho o_O

mreditor16

HSC
Received an offer for AAA (by email), but unfortunately can't accept it, since it can't be taken up by Scientia recipients.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You are correct. They changed it for this year onwards:

Quite surprised they changed the specification actually.
Should've been like this to start with instead of it going to the wrong people. My school randomly picked someone they thought would get a good atar but that didn't eventuate. I ended up missing out even though i met the requirement of the highest atar.

omni16

HSC
So I didn't get one because I'm on a gap year..

pretty sure I beat this years highest atar at my high school

historia

HSC
Hi,

I'm slightly worried, A course at UNSW was my first preference and I am certain that I received the highest ATAR at my school, yet I've haven't been contacted at all about an offer for the AAA. I'd previously confirmed with the scholarships office that my school is eligible under the scheme. I've tried to contact them but obvs. they are shut today. Is anyone else in the same position or knows what I should do?

mreditor16

HSC
Hi,

I'm slightly worried, A course at UNSW was my first preference and I am certain that I received the highest ATAR at my school, yet I've haven't been contacted at all about an offer for the AAA. I'd previously confirmed with the scholarships office that my school is eligible under the scheme. I've tried to contact them but obvs. they are shut today. Is anyone else in the same position or knows what I should do?
Anyone...? Plz...
there's no rush, mate. Just call them tomorrow to find out what is going on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)